PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding a C-658 Fuser...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
03-29-2023, 05:16 AM
Several months ago, I ordered (what I thought) were the correct parts to rebuild this fuser, the sleeve, lower roller and cleaning rollers and bushings. As you all know, the CR bushings are what fails on most of these, so I was really hoping to be able to rebuild the thing. I ordered the parts from AliExpress (Alibaba) and some of the parts just did NOT fit correctly. Cleaning rollers were either too long or too short, bushings had too wide of a lip on them, making them unusable, on and on. AliExpress eventually refunded my $$ but it was like hell to get them to do it.

I not only wanted to do this because the new Fuser is $650, but I also like to keep my rebuilding skills up in my older years, so I don't lose them entirely.

If the manufacturer of these parts paid attention to detail, I'm pretty sure I could have rebuilt it properly. But then, there's always the possibility (which my fuser had too) of the drive gears being toast and if you don't have them, you're screwed. And as far as I know, no one is making those and I don't have a 3D printer!

Hope this helped someone!
OC

Custom Search