PDA

View Full Version : CQ C550i with even magenta lines only on copies

Custom Search

mrwho
03-29-2023, 10:30 AM
Good morning all.

A colleague went to a new customer to check on a C550i with fine even magenta lines on copies only. Scans and prints come out fine.

Customer tells the machine always did that.

My money is on the set up procedure not being made correctly (although in my time working with Konica Minolta it was a thick black border and not colored lines).

Can someone confirm my suspicion? And, if not, what could it be then?

Also, can someone share the PDF with the setup procedure for this series?

Thanks.

Brad6784
03-29-2023, 10:31 AM
Good morning all.

A colleague went to a new customer to check on a C550i with fine even magenta lines on copies only. Scans and prints come out fine.

Customer tells the machine always did that.

My money is on the set up procedure not being made correctly (although in my time working with Konica Minolta it was a thick black border and not colored lines).

Can someone confirm my suspicion? And, if not, what could it be then?

Thanks.

Yep setup done done correctly, 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrwho
03-29-2023, 11:55 AM
Yep setup done done correctly, 100%

Sorry, I don't quite understand - you're saying that this indeed caused by an incomplete instalation procedure?

Do you have the installation guide perchance?

Also, here's an example:

My colleague also tells me he's not able to update the firmware - even after trying with two different usb thumb drives and reformatting them as FAT32. Could it be related?

Brad6784
03-29-2023, 11:56 AM
Sorry, I don't quite understand - you're saying that this indeed caused by an incomplete instalation procedure?

Do you have the installation guide perchance?

Also, here's an example:

My colleague also tells me he's not able to update the firmware - even after trying with two different usb thumb drives and reformatting them as FAT32. Could it be related?

Sorry incorrectly, I replied in a rush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMFLT3CH
03-29-2023, 12:59 PM
Yes, redo the setup instructions.

Oystercopy
03-29-2023, 02:20 PM
I'm with the others.. it sounds like it was not set up properly although I believe the date and time is all that really needs to be done.
OC

fornerm
03-29-2023, 03:04 PM
:DLines of Shame, well, after more than 25 years in business it happened to me last week.....end of unnecessary comment:D

mojorolla
03-29-2023, 03:37 PM
:DLines of Shame, well, after more than 25 years in business it happened to me last week.....end of unnecessary comment:D

You beat me to it, redo the setup pertaining to date and time zones.
As to the firmware, there is a specific procedure for formatting USB drives on these boxes:

tsbservice
03-29-2023, 07:54 PM
As to the firmware, there is a specific procedure for formatting USB drives on these boxes:

We all know firmware it will work even without this procedure, it's matter of finding correct thumb drive that will play nicely with most machines.

mrwho
03-29-2023, 09:11 PM
Sorry incorrectly, I replied in a rush!

No problem. Thanks for your input.

Yes, redo the setup instructions.

Thank you very much. Already sent this to him.

I'm with the others.. it sounds like it was not set up properly although I believe the date and time is all that really needs to be done.

Thanks. Relayed this info to him.

After 23 years doing this sh1t I still make n00b mistakes...

We all know firmware it will work even without this procedure, it's matter of finding correct thumb drive that will play nicely with most machines.

Thank you.

Custom Search