PDA

View Full Version : Subject: minolta di 3510f

Custom Search

Vesigoth
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
:confused:http://smarka.com/members/boards/content/icon_images/tool.gif Subject: minolta di 3510f
IP: Logged (http://www.smarka.com/members/boards/cgi-bin/ip.pl?ip=52437_0.ct)

hey guys. machine was rebuilt by me. everything was fine. no problems untill my IT guy put in an IP address, turned off machine. turned it back on and that's when it happens. it starts to initialize, goes up to the screen w/pics of machines on it and stays at that screen. it doesn't throw a code or anything. here's the thing. i did turn on the HDD on the unit but it does not have 1 . It won't let me into utility. I can only use the reset on the side of the op. panel. I've tried to clear image data, and mem. clear. Nothing. It won't let me clear trouble because, there is no code to reset. it never goes into 1. I tried swapping the firmware card from another 3510 and same thing. I cannot unset the HDD. it won't let me into utility. we tried 3 3510f, same./ please help. SKTEK315. THANKS

mdavin
02-09-2009, 10:01 PM
so are you able to get into the machine or is it just locked up on load? if it's just locked up how long did you wait before attempting to restart the machine. I know if you turn the dhcp on in the ip settings it does take a little bit longer to boot up maybe 2-3 min. Last week i had one of these machines that I Enable the HD with out one being installed(was testing twain features) and the only issues it gave me was when I tried to do any function that involved the HD it would freeze....

ScottS
03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
This sound like the same problem I am having. I turn the copier off and now it is lockup with a screen to enter a password. I have tried 8 zero and 7 zero and a one, but still can't get into it. Anyone got any idea how to get past this?

Also before this I had changed the IP address and gateway, then it ask me to turn the copier off and then on. Now its its like asking for a password to get past this.

Scott

mdavin
03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
If the machine is asking for a password when its booting up than it sounds like it's being soft boot to the service mode. password should be default "00000000" it may be "12345678" but the 0's is the default.

ScottS
03-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I tried that and even 92729272.

The password was the all zero one when I logon to change the IP. Which worked, but this is a different screen all togethur.

Scott

Cantechman
03-26-2009, 05:30 PM
:confused:http://smarka.com/members/boards/content/icon_images/tool.gif Subject: minolta di 3510f

hey guys. machine was rebuilt by me. everything was fine. no problems untill my IT guy put in an IP address, turned off machine. turned it back on and that's when it happens. it starts to initialize, goes up to the screen w/pics of machines on it and stays at that screen. it doesn't throw a code or anything. here's the thing. i did turn on the HDD on the unit but it does not have 1 . It won't let me into utility. I can only use the reset on the side of the op. panel. I've tried to clear image data, and mem. clear. Nothing. It won't let me clear trouble because, there is no code to reset. it never goes into 1. I tried swapping the firmware card from another 3510 and same thing. I cannot unset the HDD. it won't let me into utility. we tried 3 3510f, same./ please help. SKTEK315. THANKS

I was told to rewrite the firmware....it is the hard drive being turned on thats causing it. I am going to try the firmware on a backup machine a customer has because of the same problem.

mdavin
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Do you know how to access the service mode? This is different from the admin mode. Try leaving the password field blank.

ScottS
03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Yes, I do know how to enter the admin and service mode, but the problem is when I turn it on in any mode it only displays a blank screen with an area to enter a password. Nothing else, but the % of memory. I can only enter a number at theis point. If I enter anything else it beeps.

Scott

mdavin
03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
I was thinking its showing the password screen for the service mode but it doesn't sounds like that if the job list icon is there.....are you able to press utility? sounds like the user authentication/account track is on...If you can't get into utility than I would reset the bit codes/soft switches back to default settings.

ScottS
03-26-2009, 07:46 PM
After calling the Konica and they walking me threw it they had me reset it with a paper clip. After this I was able to get into the normal screens.

Scott

mdavin
03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
That's what I meant by resetting the bit codes. Glad Konica was actually helpful for someone.

Jack Reacher
07-07-2009, 03:59 AM

You need to turn off the hdd again. To do this you must remove the nic (which the hdd plugs into) and then turn on the m/c and go in and turn off the hdd. Then put the nic back in and all will be good. This can happen if the nic or hdd dies and maybe the mfc pwb.

Custom Search