PDA

View Full Version : ricoh 7000 g080 reset fusing unit correctly message

Custom Search

ben
02-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Hello guys

I have a message on a copier ricoh 7000:

""reset fusing unit correctly"" message

Iam only find something on page 6-27 in the service manual, but till now after a couple of hour I do not find the problem
somebody had some advised

I try already another fusing unit with now result.

thanks in advanced ben

schooltech
02-12-2009, 05:15 AM
If I can correctly remember on these printers, that is the error message you get when the fuser gets removed and turned by hand, or when another fuser gets installed. There is a specific service mode calibration that has to be done to get the fuser back "in time" with the rest of the components.

In fact, it's a weird calibration that requires something like 5-10 sheets of 11"x17" paper through the manual feed I think. I remember doing this on a 7000 printer years ago and it took longer than I thought this type of calibration should take (something like 10-15 minutes.)

I do not remember the exact service mode though.

KopyKat
02-12-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm speaking from distant memory here...been a long time since I touched one of these printers.

Like schooltech, I believe there is a fuser adjust program. I think it's in user tools under the Maintenance Menu. You have to have 11x17 in the bypass. However if the message to set the fuser correctly is showing I don't think you can run it.

I'm looking at that page in the SM you reference and it would lead me to believe that there is something wrong with the connector on the mainframe (Fusing Unit Link) is there something in there like a small scrap of paper or are the pins bent or corroded?

I do remember there is a photo sensor just inside the frame on the operator side where the fuser slides in that some customers would knock out of place when removing the fuser to clear jams. I don't remember if this caused a set fuser error though.

The only things I can find on this error in the Goose Guide is: fuser unit for European market. Unit has -27 at the end of item number. Should have -17 at the end.
Sounds kinda 'out there' to me. :confused:

I'm just brainstorming for ya here. I'd be interested to know what originally happened to cause the error.

ben
02-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks both for you quick respons,
Iam working next monday on that machine again and then i try you advised

For your information, I have 5 machines with the same problem, all machines are just imported.
There is no paper in the 2 connectors on the inside of the fuser to the machine.
Check already the wiring, 1 cable is the heater 220V other cable goes to the controllerboard.
Numbers on the fusingunit??? I changed the fusing with a running machine and the running machine still works, and the problem is still in the machine.
Do you have more information about number 17 27?????????

I have all manuals from this ricoh machines but less experience with ricoh, but 15 years with Minolta and the manuals are easy to follow.
Fix already many problems with this ricoh machine, but till now not this.
If you have more info, everything is welcom, i give respons after monday
ben

fitsy.13
02-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks both for you quick respons,
Iam working next monday on that machine again and then i try you advised

For your information, I have 5 machines with the same problem, all machines are just imported.
There is no paper in the 2 connectors on the inside of the fuser to the machine.
Check already the wiring, 1 cable is the heater 220V other cable goes to the controllerboard.
Numbers on the fusingunit??? I changed the fusing with a running machine and the running machine still works, and the problem is still in the machine.
Do you have more information about number 17 27?????????

I have all manuals from this ricoh machines but less experience with ricoh, but 15 years with Minolta and the manuals are easy to follow.
Fix already many problems with this ricoh machine, but till now not this.
If you have more info, everything is welcom, i give respons after monday
ben
i dont know if this is the same model its been a while but i recall i had a big problem with one of these machines bring up fuser error codes and asking to be set all the time it turned out to be a tiny piece of paper in the terminal block with was causing false readings ;)

KopyKat
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM

There is your problem I'll bet. imported from where to where? the fusers for the 220V and 110V are different indeed.

Never having worked on the 220v European models I do not know what the correct part number is for those models. Perhaps our European members can shed some light on this for you.

best of luck.

Shadow1
02-12-2009, 04:04 PM
I'll second that - it was the 3800 that was so critical to do the fuser adjustment. On the 7000 it's usually paper caught in the connectors, or dirty contacts caused by contamination from the fuser oil.

CanIJustMakeACopy
02-12-2009, 06:48 PM
check out what copyKat said

I do remember there is a photo sensor just inside the frame on the operator side where the fuser slides in that some customers would knock out of place when removing the fuser to clear jams. I don't remember if this caused a set fuser error though.

this was common and deffinately worth checking

Custom Search