PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7165 drum

Custom Search

copierlady
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I am working on a 7165. It needs a drum blade. Is there a secret to getting the drum out of the machine? I feel realy dumb asking, but i must be missing something. Thanks;)

lvangsnes
02-12-2009, 09:53 PM
First, you must remove the drum unit cover (3 screws). Then you must remove the drum unit. Remove the two screws at the top of the unit, and one on the drum shaft. Remove the drum unit, supporting it on the sides. Go ahead and unsnap the two snaps and remove the developing unit. To remove the drum you must remove the charging assembly, snap out and remove the two connectors at the rear. Then there are two screws that hold down the cover; remove them. At the rear, there is plastic clip that holds in the blade; remove it and the blade, pulling it out at the rear first. Next, you must remove the collection roller. A screw at the rear and the front must be removed. Then two collars must be removed, into which the screws were. Then, remove the collection roller assembly. You may then remove the drum. If you replace the blade (you should) loosed the blade tension cam at the front. Loosen one screw and rotate the cam clockwise. When you run your first adjustment the blade coating, then rotate the blade tension cam back and tighten. Good luck!

lvangsnes
02-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Dang! that should read LOOSEN the cam arm. In the drum peculiarity adjustments, the first one is blade coating. Run that one twice then rotate the cam, then run it again to get your blade coated properly.
Maybe the ADMINs can FIX the EDITING! HELLO!

copierlady
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the info i'm gonna give it another try. It was the drum shaft i was missing. Thanks again have a great week end!:):):)

Custom Search