PDA

View Full Version : C6500: Repeated jam J-7541 - Anybody?

Custom Search

behemoth
02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I cant tell if its misfeeding, or if its getting hung up on something.

Its that annoying jam that the paper is halfway between the cooler unit and the engine. Cant pull it out either way, have to open the transfer bed and rip the paper apart when opening it.

It gets crumpled coming out of the fuser. Looks like it gets hung up on somethign then the fuser keeps feeding it to the point it all crumples up on itself.

Any ideas?

lvangsnes
02-13-2009, 05:07 PM
According to the service manual:

After the RU entrance sensor (PS1)
turns ON, RU intermediate sensor
(PS2) is not turned ON within the
specified time.

dcopylady
02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
May be off base, but is a finisher jam - check finisher entrance with copier exit and level finisher if necessary.

behemoth
02-18-2009, 02:41 PM
It was actually something more dumb...

The finisher door was tweaked somehow, and the customer had jammed paper in the switch to make the machine think the door was closed.

The machine running caused their paper to wiggle loose, and stop the machine...

Now i'm having problems with the tray 5 LCT. For some reason, it dosent want to go up.

I've checked sensors and cables, and everything i can think of....

lucky13
02-19-2009, 02:56 AM
does it throw a c code? also check blue thumb screw on the left side of the open drawer i think it moves a gear out of the way so the tray free falls

StormyKnight
02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I know this one I already had it....

The feed roller mechanism is not sitting right & as such it cannot fall. This tells the machine that the paper tray is full & fully raised, when in fact it isn't. Have a look at the mechanism & you will see the issue. Compare with tray 4.

behemoth
02-19-2009, 11:40 PM
I know this one I already had it....

The feed roller mechanism is not sitting right & as such it cannot fall. This tells the machine that the paper tray is full & fully raised, when in fact it isn't. Have a look at the mechanism & you will see the issue. Compare with tray 4.

Tried that.

Also tried the blue thumbscrew.

Apparently the problem started when the paper would run out, the machine would throw a misfeed code, instead of saying its out.

Then, when the tray was opened, the bottom plate would be up more than usual, and would not fall down. Only way to make it fall, was to reach underneath, and push the white switch to make the tray fall to its typical resting place.

One too many times of that happening, and the tray no longer raises at all..

StormyKnight
02-20-2009, 12:01 AM
I still think the key to this one, is related to the sensors or related flags...especially when you mention it was indicating a jam instead of saying it was out of paper.....

I'm not sure how easy it is, but have you thought of transposing parts from tray 4 until the fault moves?

Also I thought those trays had the smart load system....it only goes down enough to load 500 sheets & then it will go down further after that is done, so you don't have to reach down to the bottom to load the first ream....perhaps that system is malfunctioning, but I'm not sure how that bit works exactly....

Custom Search