PDA

View Full Version : c654 ADF white guide

Custom Search

Synaux
06-21-2023, 08:50 PM
I feel somewhat silly asking this but what is the purpose of this guide?
58679 it is the white strip on the bottom of the ADF with a foam backing.
(For some reason I cannot upload a photo.)
I recently had it fall off and jam into the feed path behind it on two machines. After removal, the unit seems to work just fine.

They are cheap and I ordered some replacements...just curious.

Synthohol
06-21-2023, 08:57 PM
usually when i've seen foam cushioning its to prevent chatter or vibrational noise.

Synaux
06-21-2023, 09:25 PM
usually when i've seen foam cushioning its to prevent chatter or vibrational noise.
I don't necessarily disagree, but I finally got my phone to cooperate. It is a little difficult to tell but that area is recessed from the platen. *edit* the white strip/guide was originally on that foam strip

Woxner
06-21-2023, 10:35 PM
helps the ccd read the light intensity. kindof like the white roller on the newer feeders

allan
06-22-2023, 01:16 AM
Anyone had any issue removing it. I have been removing them for ages. If its causing some king of issue I am not aware of it.
Same for the same kind of patch on the exit side of tray 2 on the C558 for instance. Does not seem to hurt.

Synaux
06-22-2023, 06:17 AM
Anyone had any issue removing it. I have been removing them for ages. If its causing some king of issue I am not aware of it.
Same for the same kind of patch on the exit side of tray 2 on the C558 for instance. Does not seem to hurt.

Unless someone says something I am going to cancel the order.

Custom Search