PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub 227 - Hangs at boot with two pillars/shark fins shown on the display

Custom Search

Fritzy
06-23-2023, 08:52 PM
Thanks again to everyone who helped me get the Bizhub 423 refurbished for my friend last year. She is very grateful and it's been running like a champ!

I had such a good time working on that machine that I jumped on the opportunity to pick up a (broken) Bizhub 227 when I had the chance. When booting, this system hangs with the two pillars on the display (see image below). I can hear the ADF move and power supply fan running, but those are the only signs of life. The system had it's hard drive removed before I picked it up, but I think it should still boot beyond these two pillars, shouldn't it?

In reviewing other posts on this site, see references to a 'recovery tool' or an 'MFP Reset Tool' that might help, but I'm not sure what that might be or where to get it and how to use it. I also see posts that say it is likely the eMMC Board that is faulty, but how would I test that to be sure?

Before I start going down a rabbit hole of my own making, I thought I would ask the experts for their advice; How would you recommend I begin to troubleshoot this?

A few reference posts:

C258 won't boot / stuck at 2 bars (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/125669-c258-wont-boot-stuck-2-bars-2.html)
C554e pillars of death (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/156922-c554e-pillars-death.html)

tsbservice
06-23-2023, 09:29 PM
I would try new eMMC.

Fritzy
06-23-2023, 11:01 PM
I would try new eMMC.

Thanks tsbservice. Is there some way to test the eMMC to confirm it is faulty? I see the board has a standard mSATA connector. Might there a PC-based utility available for testing purposes?

tsbservice
06-23-2023, 11:09 PM
Thanks tsbservice. Is there some way to test the eMMC to confirm it is faulty? I see the board has a standard mSATA connector. Might there a PC-based utility available for testing purposes?

Nothing I'm aware of unfortunately.

Custom Search