PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 4000p, seems I made a boat anchor....

Custom Search

Hansoon
07-01-2023, 04:06 PM
Had to replace the control panel on this beauty cause one of the buttons was stuck, and I was too lazy to do the obvious repair of it. Being uninformed about the risk, I replaced the whole control panel coming from a junker, which turned out to be a big boo boo.

A previous perfectly working machine, besides the occasionally stuck button, is giving me now a 950.10 NVRAM Mismatch Nv2: 1666 error. Suggestions on the Internet are telling me to replace the main logic board.

Any other solutions please?

Hans

Synthohol
07-01-2023, 04:49 PM
have you tried firmware? maybe the panel FW version does not match wahts installed on the rest of the machine?

Hansoon
07-01-2023, 04:59 PM
Thanks, have to get familiar with the firmware of those machines. Never had any firmware issues with these little beasts. Will dig into it tomorrow.

What could one do otherwise on a Sunday....... :cool:

Hans

tsbservice
07-01-2023, 05:32 PM
have you tried firmware? maybe the panel FW version does not match wahts installed on the rest of the machine?

+1 to this but honestly I never updated one.

copyman
07-02-2023, 03:10 PM
What happens if you put the old panel back on?

tsbservice
07-02-2023, 04:55 PM
+1 to this but honestly I never updated one.

Download file name]

bizhub4700P_4000P_ContFW_LW40PR2P439-0_EngiFW_FDNRIPE509-0.zip

bizhub3300P_ContFW_LW40PRLP439-0_EngiFW_FDNRIPE509-0.zip

PRI_DLBT1412781EN_0.doc

2. Changes

The following issue has been fixed

- NVRAM mismatch failure (Error code: 950.01) that occurs when upgrading the Controller Firmware directly from the initial version [LW1.PR2(PRL).P124-0] to the current version [LW40.PR2(PRL).P436-0].

3. Restrictions

Damages caused by downgrade from New version to Current version is not covered by the warranty.

4. Programs to be applied at the same time

There is no specific program to be applied with this Controller Firmware and this Engine Firmware.

However, using with the latest version programs is recommended.

5. How to install

5-1. USB connection

Please double-click the "USBFlash.exe", select the required firmware file (xxxx.fls) and click [START] to start updating firmware.

5-2. Network connection

Access the IP address of the printer from the PC using a Web browser.

Please click [Settings] - [Update Firmware], select the required firmware file (xxxx.fls) and click [Submit] to start updating firmware.

(For detailed information, please refer to the Service Manual.)

Hansoon
07-03-2023, 07:43 AM
What happens if you put the old panel back on?

Nope, doesn't work. Seems the main board is ruined.

I have no time and no patience for this crap and will get today from the wholesaler a few of those gems for 25 Euros each. Depending how they look on the outside, I either change the whole printer or only a set consisting main board and the board inside the control panel. But I have to be careful because there are two versions of the main board depending on the laser unit which is being used in them.

This tiny printer is part of a large rental contract with many machines, but servicing those little critters cost me just as much time as a big fat A3-color machine........

Hans

jotunn
07-04-2023, 08:04 AM
You can't just replace panel or main board in those machine with a used ones (taken from another machine).
If you want to do this, you must replace both boards together as a pair.

A copy of the nvram with counters is stored on both boards. If one of them needs to be replaced, the contents are restored from existing copy.
But the copy can only be restored to a brand new board. When trying to replace either board with a used one, then the machine does not know which copy is the correct one, resulting in an error.

Hansoon
07-04-2023, 08:26 AM
Thanks for this insight. Would be nice if the NVRAM of a functional old board could be reset to create a "New Board".
I would like to know the purpose of the jumper on the logic board. Could not find a description of its purpose.

Hans

jotunn
07-04-2023, 08:45 AM
Yellow jumper on lower-right site of the board?

There is possibility to lock some functions by password in those machines (it works like administrator password).
You can reset this password (and probably some settings) with the jumper.

> Would be nice if the NVRAM of a functional old board could be reset to create a "New Board".

Yes, but I've never managed how to do this, even in case of panel board, which should be much easier (because of simplicity) to deal with.

EarthKmTech
07-08-2023, 06:00 AM
to use a used panel as a new one involves modifying the data stored on the serial eeprom on the panel board. Not rocket science but not in the scope of what a technician should be playing with.

Hansoon
07-08-2023, 06:19 AM
Thanks, these old printers, though very good, are not worth to invest too much time in them. I buy for 25 Euros a good working used one from a wholesaler. Often they made less than 20K and are also looking clean and good, no scratches and the white control panel still not yellowed out. I have the drumchips, tonerchips and the toner as well.
They complete perfectly our range of A3-size color machines.

Hans

copyman
07-08-2023, 02:40 PM
Thanks, these old printers, though very good, are not worth to invest too much time in them. I buy for 25 Euros a good working used one from a wholesaler. Often they made less than 20K and are also looking clean and good, no scratches and the white control panel still not yellowed out. I have the drumchips, tonerchips and the toner as well.
They complete perfectly our range of A3-size color machines.

Hans

I was going to mention that buying a new printer would cost less but didn't know what they cost in your country. We pay around the same thing from off lease wholesalers here in USA, around $25 each.

Hansoon
07-08-2023, 03:59 PM
But I have to be careful because there are two versions of the main board depending on the laser unit which is being used in them.

Just for sh#ts & giggles, there are green boards and there are blue colored main boards. Each having its own dedicated laser unit belonging to it. They cannot be interchanged. Ask me how I know.........:rolleyes:

Hans

Custom Search