PDA

View Full Version : IC-409 (Fiery) Cant ping on a C550

Custom Search

Haroldbfix
02-18-2009, 02:04 AM
I've worked with SSD on this one still nothing. I have already replaced the Mother board, HDD and reloaded system software twice. I can get a config page, test page etc. however cannot ping, browse or obviously print.

Any Ideas are welcome, this one is killling me.

P.S. The Nic is built into the mother board.
Im also reordering another MB and DCPS per SSD. They think the DCPS is burning out the lan port. But I am able to load system software through that port so im skeptical that that is the solution.

TheOwl
02-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Just as a silly question, but have you tried pinging the device from a laptop just via a crossover cable?

Haroldbfix
02-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Yes using my trusty dusty Laptop and a known good cross over cable. I then went down the hall to a B500 just for kicks and successfully ping it. Went back to the Fiery and could not ping it. But thanks for checking.

TheOwl
02-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Two other questions for you then

1. Are the activity lights on when the LAN cable is connected?
2. Have you tried using DHCP to get the machine to auto aquire an IP?

Haroldbfix
02-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Two other questions for you then

1. Are the activity lights on when the LAN cable is connected?
2. Have you tried using DHCP to get the machine to auto aquire an IP?

1. Yes
2. Yes

Sean486
02-18-2009, 03:49 AM
I think you have dead fiery there.

Eventhough you can load system software through the nic it doesn't prove that it works, since when you load system software the nic doesn't hold any configuration settings (they are configured after the install).

Haroldbfix
02-18-2009, 03:58 AM
I think you have dead fiery there.

Eventhough you can load system software through the nic it doesn't prove that it works, since when you load system software the nic doesn't hold any configuration settings (they are configured after the install).

OK im with you what do you suggest? I have inputted the IP setting and the NIC does hold them as I can confirm them on the config page

Sean486
02-18-2009, 12:02 PM
OK im with you what do you suggest? I have inputted the IP setting and the NIC does hold them as I can confirm them on the config page

If you have another IC409 you could try swapping the HDD and see if it responds with the new hardware and vice versa.

Unfortunely I think if it doesn't ping with a crossover cable after getting a fresh system reload, then it must be a problem with the hardware and will likely need a new main board.

Haroldbfix
02-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Problem resolved. I swapped the fiery with another one and it did the same thing. I don't know why but I got it to work by doing a factory reset and setting it to DHCP. Then it grabbed another IP address. I could then ping the new address. I ended up reconfigure the customers Driver ports to the new address. etc...
There was an IP conflict on there network, but after I removed the Fiery from their network you would think that you could ping it direct with a laptop and crossover, but I couldnt. I guess the fiery got stuck because of the IP conflict.

Wierd, that issue drove me mad :-(

Custom Search