PDA

View Full Version : C252 didn't wake up this morning...

Custom Search

DallasTech
02-18-2009, 06:12 PM
We have a customer that called in and said their copier has a black screen and will not do anything. We go check it out and sure enough, looks like power save mode, but no power save light on. We reset the machine, the hourglass comes up and you hear the machine start running. The screen will go black and will not respond to any buttons.

Machine will not boot up into service mode, but when I placed a CF card in it, like I am upgrading the firmware, it comes up to the screen telling me the card is invalid, so it's at least getting that far in the boot process before it dies. We replaced the NVRAM about a month ago and the machine was working fine until today.

The firmware on the machine was updated when I put in the NVRAM. Any ideas?

kmcopier
02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
MFP board

Gr KMcopier

DallasTech
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
I was afraid to say it.

tech51
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Does the machine have a hard drive? Had something similar and it turned out the hard drive had failed but the machine black screens before any codes come up, I would try disconnecting it and see what happens.

ivovb
02-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Does the machine have a hard drive? Had something similar and it turned out the hard drive had failed but the machine black screens before any codes come up, I would try disconnecting it and see what happens.

This model has HDD by default - HDD is not an option. So removing HDD is very interesting. Can C252 work without HDD?

BR

B0265
02-20-2009, 07:44 AM
It will work if you set System 2 > HDD to "unset", but there will be several limitations. For example Fax and Box will not work and I think also the address book.

DallasTech
02-20-2009, 08:52 PM
This model has HDD by default - HDD is not an option. So removing HDD is very interesting. Can C252 work without HDD?

BR

Actually, one of the technicians put the main board in another machine and it came up with a firmware error. So we put the main board back into our machine and it started working again. but, it came up with a C-D370 code. I found a way to reset that through SSD. I reset all the data in the machine and powered it off and on. It came up with a hard drive error C-D003, iirc. So I disabled the hard drive and restarted it, it came back up with no errors this time. I ran about 30 color copies and they looked normal.

We are going to test the machine more, I am not confident in this machine working for extended periods of time.

kmcopier
02-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Hello did you installed with the NV ram from the customer, CD370 is in combination with NV ram security data.
Set hard disk back too on and format the disk.
Did you do an NV ram reset with code our firmware.

Best regards kmcopier

zhang5531738
02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Can be replaced CF

KM GUY
02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
You may want to try a trouble reset.
1. Turn OFF the Main Power Switch.

2. Turn Main Power Switch ON while pressing the Utility/Counter key.

3. Touch [Trouble Reset].

4. Check to make sure that [OK] is displayed and the it has been reset.

5. After turning off the Main Power Switch, turn it on again more than 10 seconds after
and check if the machine starts correctly.

minoltaed
02-27-2009, 09:38 PM
make sure the flash card is 128 mb on the c252 it had to be a 128 mb card or would say invalid card

simplex
03-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi. I had exactly this fault on a C250. You need to create a NVRAM recovery card (similar to firmware). Flash this, then perform firmware update. You may have to try this several times, as sometimes it doesn't "take" first time.

DallasTech
03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi. I had exactly this fault on a C250. You need to create a NVRAM recovery card (similar to firmware). Flash this, then perform firmware update. You may have to try this several times, as sometimes it doesn't "take" first time.

Are there any instruction on how to do this on SSD?

simplex
03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
On the KM uk site, (infohub) it's all there. I'm not sure if the US site has such a section. I'll see if I can post a link later for you.

Custom Search