PDA

View Full Version : C250 Parameter Chip (IC6)

Custom Search

Taminol
02-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi guys,
Anyone know how crucial the information contained inside the Parameter Chip is ?
I have a couple of C250's which were slowly being robbed of boards/lasers/etc for the field. So I'm trying to make one good one out of them both.
Will it matter if the wrong chip is in the machine?
Having read the manual afterwards :rolleyes:
it states......

When Mechanical Control Board is replaced, relocate the Parameter Chip
(IC6).
Mount the Parameter Chip (IC6) of old Mechanical Control Board onto the new
Mechanical Control Board.

I'm still a fair way from switch on time, but don't want any little suprises

02-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Usually when you have to put back the old chip it is to retain your settings for that particular machine. One major concern however is software versions. In other words if one of the machine has been updated to the most recent firmware those boards may not work properly on the other machine unless you update the other machine as well.

Taminol
02-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Usually when you have to put back the old chip it is to retain your settings for that particular machine. One major concern however is software versions. In other words if one of the machine has been updated to the most recent firmware those boards may not work properly on the other machine unless you update the other machine as well.

Are you saying that at best everything will be fine, and at worst I'll need to upgrade the firmware ?

02-20-2009, 10:10 PM
The worst is that you'll probably get error codes if firmware versions of boards are not compatible, provided that the boards themselves are okay of course! But if it's okay and your machine is working I seriously would update the firmware afterwards.

Custom Search