PDA

View Full Version : C500 Fade Characters

Custom Search

zdcopy
02-23-2009, 02:09 AM
The characters start to be fade after 50 clicks after the printer self adjustment. It happens only on the second half page of 11x17 (bottom).

I changed the developer but no improvement. My printer is C500 with the page counter of 350k.

Please help.

The characters in the first half page are very good.

They become fade and blurred in the second half page.

02-23-2009, 03:21 AM
When you say bottom do you mean trail edge? Or when you looking from lead edge to trail edge you mean the 'bottom'/user front side? If it's more towards the trail edge you might want to consider 2 things: Fuser nip or loop registration.

zdcopy
02-23-2009, 03:51 AM
When you say bottom do you mean trail edge? Or when you looking from lead edge to trail edge you mean the 'bottom'/user front side? If it's more towards the trail edge you might want to consider 2 things: Fuser nip or loop registration.

Yes, it happens towards trail edge, in the middle portion. It is okay near two side edges.

It also shows near the trail edge of the front side, but the back side is worst than the front side.

Thank you!

zdcopy
02-23-2009, 06:34 PM

Tried but no help.

FYI, if I pause printer while printing and resume printing in one minute, a few pages are in good shape. During the pause, the printer does NOT do anything other than waiting for me to continue.

Are there any parts got overheat? Any help are welcome. Thanks.

02-23-2009, 08:19 PM
This only happens on 11x17? Did you try different trays?

zdcopy
02-23-2009, 08:52 PM
All trays have the same problem. The fade area starts from the middle of the trail edge, and becomes larger and larger to get into the first half page. I did not try the letter size paper. Thanks.

zdcopy
02-24-2009, 04:38 AM
I tried various paper and got the same thing. I also tried "1st transfer manual adj" and "2nd transfer manual adj" but no improvement.

The fade characters show right after 40 clicks, starting on the back side at the trail edge.

Please help.

Albonline
02-24-2009, 07:57 PM
this sounds like a static buildup problem. maybe the contact button on the end of the 2nd xfer roller? the comb next to the 2nd xfer roller?

zdcopy
02-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Problem solved! Increasing fixing line speed is a little bit slower.

"When it is slower than the transfer belt, the trailing edge of the image gets
soiled or the toner scattering occurs."

Thanks for suggestion!

Custom Search