PDA

View Full Version : More DI52o problems....ugh!

Custom Search

andyb85
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
replaced cleaning web drive motor after realizing it had failed..now fuser lamps wont come on. Get c-0500 error code of course, but checking all connections nothing is unhooked/unplugged. Ony harness unhooked to replace motor was the one that goes to motor itself..

Any ideas?

fixthecopier
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Will the code not reset from the trouble button? I have seen a tech undo the web motor to watch it, forget he had the door switch rigged, and pull the horizontal transport out and cause a code when the signal gets interrupted when the machine thinks the door is closed. If you already knew all of this, start with the basics, get out your meter, and test your lamps and other fuser parts.

eg101
02-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Check the socket where the fuser plugs into the copier. Had a piece of paper get in one, like to never figured it out.

alonzo
02-24-2009, 11:04 PM
have you checked the can or thermista this will cause the machine not warm up. to reset the can take it off the holder and smack it on a solid surface veery hard.

andyb85
02-27-2009, 10:01 PM
By can are you referring to the the thermal fuse? I wouldn't think smacking it would be an ideal solution. I would rather just replace it.

Any How....
Turns out that the last tech to work on fuser didn't replace the one and only screw that holds it in place. When I took it apart to change out web roller It must have knocked it far enough forward where it wasn't making electrical contact in rear of machine. Only after removing fuser to check lower thermistor and thermal fuse did i realize the screw was missing. BTW Bottom thermistor had about 1/8" of crud on it cleaned with solvent and a little silcon and all good!

Custom Search