PDA

View Full Version : FS519 stapler problem

Custom Search

tech51
02-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi folks, I have a number of these finisher units fitted onto c253/353 models and have been having stapler issues. The main one is that the staple unit intermittantly seems to jump out of the metal track it runs in, then makes noises and eventually the machine locks it out. I`ve tried lubing the track and removing any sharp edges but it doesnt seem to make any difference. The unit doesnt seem to be catching on any of the guides.
Has anyone got any further ideas on this?
Your help is appreciated.

Cantechman
02-24-2009, 12:34 PM
The best thing to try would be to jig the door so that you could watch it in action....there may be something your not seeing that might be happening while the door is closed.

simplex
03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I've got a few of these (mostly fitted on c451) doing exactly the same thing as yours.
One thing to check is the little rubber "bung" that secures the black guide pin (not sure what it's called but the stapler travels to the right of this) This bung seems to disappear quite regularly, the guide works loose & falls off, so I keep a stock of them in my tool bag.
Also check the lower grey casing the stapler sits in. It rides on two captured steel balls, & the mount breaks away causing the stapler to "wobble" when it travels.

>begin rant mode

TBH these things are a pile of s**t. I've pleaded with our rep NOT to sell any more of them :mad:

>end rant mode

kmcopier
03-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Hello this bung how you called it is getting loss because the customer are pulling the paper from the inside, if you pull the paper towards you it gets very easy lof the pin.
Glue it on the small pin

simplex
03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Hello this bung how you called it is getting loss because the customer are pulling the paper from the inside, if you pull the paper towards you it gets very easy lof the pin.
Glue it on the small pin

Thanks I might try that, TBH the ham fisted retards that use the copiers have so far managed to break the by-pass table, cracked the slit glass & snapped one of the lifter wires in draw 3 :eek:, So I don't hold much hope:p

Mr Spock
03-12-2009, 02:18 AM
>begin rant mode

TBH these things are a pile of s**t. I've pleaded with our rep NOT to sell any more of them :mad:

>end rant mode

I have had the same conversation with the sales reps (forget management) and told them they could handle the complaints and I would give the customer the sales persons personal cell number.....

redime
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Problem lies in the finisher being setup off site, and moved with the machine. Check the bottom of your finishers, chances are your wheels on the base are bent out of whack. This causes added fatique on parts...

Make sure the thing is nice and level, we fought a stapler issue that ended up being the whole stapler section plastic was cracked and pieces missing (theres two ball bearings on the plastic base the stapler rides on) its tricky to get out without dissasembling the whole finisher but if you got small hands you can get in there thru the front with the stapler advanced all the way forward.

Make sure everythings good there, if pieces are cracked it will cause sloppy action - and the stapler will crash into the metal guides pushing them out of alignment.

Also, FS519 needs to be modified where the paddle is, certain machines should have one rubber flap while others should have two. Check with the shop to get a copy of the 519 setup instructions, chances are they have done this wrong

Custom Search