PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c350 no network settings

Custom Search

g3direct
02-23-2009, 09:59 PM
We recently bought a Bizhub c350 that has seen little use. The only problem it had was that the Fiery was burned out by a lightning hit. We removed that device and the machine worked fine. We were able to print to it from a computer with no problem after the IP was set up.

The next day the network settings button no longer showed up and we were not able to print to it any longer. I can ping the machine just fine and the windows printer shows it as ready. Any help would be appreciated.

02-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Where your network cable is plugged in, do you still see a link light?

g3direct
02-23-2009, 10:07 PM
The link light is on. The info light blinks occasionally. I checked all the wires, they were all connected. I can ping the machine with no loss of packets. I can not connect to it through my web browser using the IP address that I set for it originally

02-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Well, I'm going to have to ask this, but when you removed the Fiery you did change the controller settings, right?

g3direct
02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Yes, I tried each of the controller settings to see if it would work. That was how I was able to get it to work right after we removed the fiery.

johnj_01201
02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Go to the copier's web interface. Type the copier's IP address into your web browser. See if this works. The ping reply might just be from another computer on your network. Also, the web interface will give you more details. You could have blown your print controller chip. Some BW copiers do not come with print controller chips and cannot print, but they can be pinged and also scan. You may have to check to make sure the machine has the correct controller setting, in case it did not stick.

TheOwl
02-24-2009, 01:15 AM
To eliminate everything else in your network, try connecting a latop via a crossover cable directly to the copier. See what happens then.

I also believe that the standard peripheral setting should be 'Controller 3'.

g3direct
02-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I can not connect to the machine through my browser. It's IP address is not near any other computer and when I scan the network it shows up at the correct IP. It is the only Konico we have so it's obvious that it is the correct machine. I have tried each controller setting, none of which worked. It printed just fine for a day. The next day it stopped working. So I don't see how the print board could fail that quickly.

Albonline
02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
at copier is the network button showing up? utility /admin/network. ?

kmcopier
02-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Controller type 3 is correct (default machine).
Initialize the machine see page 3-104 SM after that start the machine up without connected too the network (DHCP server bootP ARP). Make your network settings gr kmcopier

timcouch
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I had a very similar problem with mine. I tried everything i could think of then changed my port settings on the print server. I used LPR and put the Queue name as print. This is what got my machine to print. I had the board replaced, changed print servers, network ports, everything i could think of and this works great. If i change it back to RAW everything stops. Hope this helps.

Tim

Custom Search