PDA

View Full Version : COBAO HELP! Bizhub experts please help

Custom Search

ZeusGT
02-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey guys... I have a problem with a Bizhub CF3102 throwing a COBAO code and I know that it's the finisher cause it made a wierd noise when it did it...

Now, I can't get the code off of the screen with the finisher connected or disconnected on the machine. The machine is down and will not clear.. I don't understand why even with the finisher disconnected...

Is there a sequence to erasing codes on a Minolta. How do I clear this code so I can use the machine again?

Thanks for your help

dudley
02-26-2009, 04:40 AM
The code C0BAO is the elevator motor for the finisher output tray. Has the tray got something under it or been bent by having something heavy put on it. To reset pull the finisher away from the copier then push back into place, then open and close the front door of the copier.

If this is the folding finisher the tray may be bent upwards and the tray is pulled away from the tray hieght sensor. Look at the tray sides and they should be parallel to the finisher side.

ZeusGT
02-26-2009, 04:46 AM
The code C0BAO is the elevator motor for the finisher output tray. Has the tray got something under it or been bent by having something heavy put on it. To reset pull the finisher away from the copier then push back into place, then open and close the front door of the copier.

If this is the folding finisher the tray may be bent upwards and the tray is pulled away from the tray hieght sensor. Look at the tray sides and they should be parallel to the finisher side.

Hey Dudley,

Yes, there was something heavy put on there and I noticed that the tray was uneven... Is there a specific way to readjust the tray in alignment?

It is the FN-8 booklet finisher.

dudley
02-26-2009, 04:54 AM
no easy way to straighten it other than brut force. The mounting brackets that the tray connects to are fairly hefty metal and don't bend easy. The tray itself hooks on and is held on by a couple of screws. The main thing is to get it straight with the main frame.

ZeusGT
02-26-2009, 05:03 AM
no easy way to straighten it other than brut force. The mounting brackets that the tray connects to are fairly hefty metal and don't bend easy. The tray itself hooks on and is held on by a couple of screws. The main thing is to get it straight with the main frame.

Hey Dudley,

What it does is, it'll go up and when it gets to the top it just stops and that's when the code comes up. It doesn't sound or feel like it's binding at the top.. it just stops and flashes the code.

I've tried to unplug the finisher completely from the machine, push the finisher aside and restart it, but it still comes up with the same code.

At that point, do I need to open the front door and then close it to reset the code without the finisher?

dudley
02-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Its not binding at the top , its actually going up too high as the tray is too far away from the body of the finisher and some tabs on the tray are not hitting the sensor actuators that tell it to stop. The unit has overrun sensors to stop it before it snaps the lift cables and they trigger the code.

fixthecopier
02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
On an FN-117, right under the opening where the paper comes out, is an actuator that tells it to stop going up. If your tray is not secure and moves even 2 or 3mm it will not stop. I have had times when I would have to remove the rear cover on the elevator, remove the screws that hold the motor in place, pull out the motor and manually lower the tray, make sure the screws are in , and make sure it is straight. Grab the trays and force the high end down til it is even with the low end.
If the code will not reset with the finisher off, try using the main powerswitch. I know you are not talking about an FN-117, but the principle is the same.

ZeusGT
03-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Everything is fixed and the copier is up and going.. Thank you everybody for your help and thank you "Fixthecopier" for the adjustment sequence/theory of operation that I needed to know.

Custom Search