PDA

View Full Version : Changing print controllers on Bizhub C350?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
02-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Has anyone here ever changed the onboard print controller on a C350? we had a client who's network card was unresponsive so I changed out the PWB-MFP in the back of the machine - unfortunately all this does is make the copier crash? as soon as I put the original print control board back into the machine it is fine?! is there something I have to do otherwise to make the machine accept this new board? it seems a little non-sensical really, its EXACTLY the same board going in!

any information welcomed, thanks.

B0265
02-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Can you please explain "all this does is make the copier crash?"
Normally what you should to if you replace the PWB-MFP is to transfer the NV-RAM from the old board and upgrade (reload) the firmware.

OutlawTorn
02-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Well, I get a 'stabilizing image' message on the screen, and then it appears right before the machine would reach its ready stage it just shuts down and restarts again, over and over?

Having a ball
02-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Did you swap the NV ram form the old MFP to the new MFP also you will need to load firmware to match the firmware to all the other boards in the machine or you will have a missmatch and this can cause crashing.

OutlawTorn
03-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry for this horrifically noob style question, but how do you perform a firmware update on a C350?

Having a ball
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
You will need a flash card 128 meg will do then you will need the firmware for C350 maybe someone hear can supply firmware, you will need to load the firmware onto the card then insirt the card on the MFP side of the machine the side were the eathernet cable plugs into there is a cover you remove then with the power off insirt the card then plug the power back in and turn the machine on press ok on the LCD screen and allow the the firmware to load when it has loaded unplug the power remove the card then plug the machine back in and turn it on.

Custom Search