PDA

View Full Version : BizHub c253

Custom Search

PlasticPig
02-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Newbie, so apologies if this has been dealt with before. Did a search but couldn't find anything.
We have a c253. I'm looking for a solution to an Auto paper select problem. The trays are set like this...
Tray 1 - A4 plain paper
Tray 2 - A3 plain paper
Tray 3 - A4 letterhead
Tray 4 - A4 letterhead

We need to be able to let the copier submit jobs using Auto tray select as we often switch between A3 and A4. However, if Tray 1 runs out of paper, the Auto setting redirects to Tray 3 letterhead. It seems to recognise the size difference (by not selecting Tray 2), but it doesn't recognise that we've set this Tray 3 to letterhead.

Is there any way of stopping the copier from Auto selecting the wrong paper type? Tried the manual but I've seen clearer mud.

kingarthur
02-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Newbie, so apologies if this has been dealt with before. Did a search but couldn't find anything.
We have a c253. I'm looking for a solution to an Auto paper select problem. The trays are set like this...
Tray 1 - A4 plain paper
Tray 2 - A3 plain paper
Tray 3 - A4 letterhead
Tray 4 - A4 letterhead

We need to be able to let the copier submit jobs using Auto tray select as we often switch between A3 and A4. However, if Tray 1 runs out of paper, the Auto setting redirects to Tray 3 letterhead. It seems to recognise the size difference (by not selecting Tray 2), but it doesn't recognise that we've set this Tray 3 to letterhead.

Is there any way of stopping the copier from Auto selecting the wrong paper type? Tried the manual but I've seen clearer mud.

select "utility", "user setting", "system settings", "papertray settings", "auto tray settings", "tray priority" & then set up how you want them to select. Also check "no matching paper in tray setting"

copytechman
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
You may also actually set that trays paper type to be letterhead or special paper and the machine won't select it automatically either.

Regards!
A.

PlasticPig
02-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Kingarthur,
I changed the priority from a high to low of 'Tray 1, Tray 2, Tray 4, Tray 3' to just 'Tray 1'.

Now it asks to load paper. Problem solved.

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
PlasticPig

PlasticPig
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Just an update...
Of course, setting it to just Tray 1 screwed up the Auto select for either A3 or A4. Took me a little while to work this out as I'd been looking at the Printer Paper Settings and thought I'd messed it up there (I was looking to see if there was a letterhead setting - there's not one at the printer, only at the printer driver on the server - it only says eg 'A4'). All I had to do was add Tray 2 into the Auto list. So now I have Auto select to either A3 or A4, and we have to point to any other tray to get either letterhead or bypass.

PlasticPig

copytechman
03-02-2009, 11:53 AM
A C253 right? Every one of these that I have seen has a plethora of special paper settings @ the machine. Press the paper button on the touch screen then select the tray then press the paper (type) settings off to the right side.. It should present ya with a pile of choices including letterhead and special papers for your inside trays... when u select one the tray will have a special indicator beside the size on the tray on the paper selection screen. And thats only one way to exclude a tray from the auto selection functions.

Regards!
A.

Custom Search