PDA

View Full Version : Di3510 black copies

Custom Search

fixthecopier
02-28-2009, 12:57 AM
So my company put a bunch of rentals in my area, and 3 of them fail on the first day. They also sold 7 day a week service and I found that out at 20 minutes til quitting time. I just got back from looking at them and am having a problem with one. Solid black test prints or copies. Not the drum, I swapped it with another. I can not see anything wrong with the contacts. I am thinking of swapping the power supply. Any body else had an issue like this?

cobiray
02-28-2009, 02:26 AM
If you swapped the entire PCU then I would look to the HV next, too.

How is your 7 day service plan written? We've do this for some accounts (read I do this for some accounts, while salesmen makes boat payment) and it's really undefined as far as hours and on site response time. Basically we call them back, find out the issue, try and resolve with phone support and find out if they need it before the next regular work day. It's really vaguely written, so I'm sure it's going to bite me in the ass eventually. Sorry to hijack your thread...:D

fixthecopier
02-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the reply friend. I was looking for some one to verify my gut feeling. As far as the service plan goes, who knows? They tell me nothing. As a matter of fact, I stepped out on my own and passed out my card and told em to call me if they needed me and made the assumption that I would get paid. My customer is a unit in from Germany doing a live fire exercise at one of our small villages they build out here to attack and destroy. I can not have a huge military exercise come to a halt because of my machines. That would make for a bad Monday morning.

kmcopier
02-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Hello is the whole page black our only the printable area, so i mean do you have a edge ereas. then ít's the laser unit

fixthecopier
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
You are most likely correct. I changed the power supply, it did not help. I was thinking it was the laser but did not have one. I wound up swapping the machine. I had two machines down, I fixed one and swapped the other. I spent 9 hours out in a tent, in a total downpour of rain all day. I still can not get that sound out of my head. Like putting a garbage bag over your head and take a 9 hour shower.

TheOwl
03-01-2009, 09:53 PM
It may just be the shutter for the laser unit. I have had these break and fall in. You can run the machine with out the shutter, but I have only done this until the new one comes in.

Custom Search