PDA

View Full Version : Streaks in Copy

Custom Search

MIKE D
03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
I have a minolta EP5000 CSPRO that puts streaks in each copy in basically the same place on each copy. Someone said to add developer ... I did but it didn't help. Any ideas??

Raymondd
03-03-2009, 07:22 PM
It looks like there maybe trash in the developing unit. in between the doc blade and mag roller...

brent
03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
either there is something stuck under the doctor blade in the developer unit. or your corona wires are bad or dirty. those light streaks are very common. if you take the developer unit out of the machine. take the upper corona unit off. remove the drum carefully and look on the mag roller. if it looks just like the copy with streaks then that is the problem..

brent

Raymondd
03-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Brent is correct about dev unit, but I have never seen corona wires be that precise...

brent
03-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Brent is correct about dev unit, but I have never seen corona wires be that precise...
it is kindof hard to see the whole copy. usually in the developer section you get a few streaks. these seem to be pretty precise. It is really easy to check where it is coming from. but what do I know,,, I have had these same symptoms in both areas I described several times.
you can really see them if you make a sky shot.. I really think that there is something in the dv section and that should be very easy to find. I was just saying that i have seen copies that seem to be just like these in the coronas. usually when they are very bad. and if you think about it. these appear to be in the feed direction. bad spots on your coronas will not allow the toner to form. and you get this same symptom.
please let us know what you find out on this machine ok?

brent

brent

copytechman
03-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Can usually be one of 3 things.. dev blockage on the doctor blade.. clean with a small piece of transparency film if available.. dirty/worn charger.. replace charge spool. Or transfer wire is dirty/worn.... replace.. ... fun machine to work on!
Regards!
A.

nmfaxman
03-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Which is lead edge?

ni311
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Which is lead edge?

Indeed, good point, if the lead edge is the one with only one arrow, you got a different problem, none of the above are applying. I hope the leading edge is the one with many arrows...

MIKE D
03-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I've taken everything apart ... can't find any trash. How do you tell if you have bad wires?? Thanks!!

brent
03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I've taken everything apart ... can't find any trash. How do you tell if you have bad wires?? Thanks!!
mike. did you physically take the drum out and look at the mag roller brush? I agree that it may be a little hard. but by the looks of the pic that you sent there should be lines from top to bottom on that mag roller. we are trying to help you fix this. we have all been there. this can only be a few things. send us a picture of the mag roller with the drum out.
thanks

brent

cobiray
03-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Your T/S wires should be shiny and not dull or coated with toner and paper dust. If you remove the drum from the dev unit you can inspect the mag roller for an even brush.

Custom Search