PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di251

Custom Search

allalone
03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi its me again I have a Minolta Di251 that has dalmation spots on the prints about a month ago I replaced the image unit and yesterday they call about light copies I checked it out and had to replace developer now it has dalmation spots just on part of the print and i have tried to adjust it as much as possible but it only lithened the spots up.

anyone have any ideas I would appreciate the input

fixthecopier
03-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Those spots come from the drum and developer not being in sync with what the machine thinks the life is that is left. I would get those spots when I would put a fuse in the IU and reset without a new drum and developer. Try to adjust the bias up.

allalone
03-03-2009, 11:51 PM
how do you do that all I have is an intravia's guide i know how to get to tech rep mode but i am really vague on what the adjustments are and how to make them

fixthecopier
03-04-2009, 12:17 AM
In the tech mode, under adj for printer, look for vg adjust, and bump it up a little at a time. It may help. If you are rebuilding them on site, are you putting a fuse in to reset the counter? If not, that could be the problem.

allalone
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM
This one was a brand spanking new one I installed it the second week in Janurary and a couple of days ago it started this mess like an idiot I did not check to see if they were useing OEM toner when I replaced it and I think they were not but I checked this time and it was OEM toner but ir was fairly new I suspect that it what caused the light copies the OEM stuff mixed with the not OEM toner and screwed everything up I had the exact same problem with another machine same model at the same location different dept and replaced the developer and it workd fine.

fixthecopier
03-05-2009, 12:17 AM
First of all , I told you wrong, it is not the vg adjust, it is the aidc gain you want to adjust. Second, bad toner can do it also. Want to see how off it is?
Lift the lid and do a sky shot. If the toners do not get along, instead of a solid black sheet, you will see 2 different shades. I have people who will pour other toner into my bottles, so I have become a master of detecting the wrong stuff. Be warned, if is really messed up, it will be much worse after the sky shot. Be ready to change stuff...new iu, vacume out system, ect.

Custom Search