PDA

View Full Version : C250 control panel

Custom Search

Taminol
03-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi guys,

Just a little question for you.

I have just come in to possesion of a C250. It warms up ok and everything looks fine.
However, the touch panel section of the control panel will not accept any inputs. All the 'hard buttons' work, it's just the 'soft buttons' on the touch panel that will not respond.
I've been told, that because the machine was left on a van overnight and it got cold, that the control panel should spring back into life when it warms up. I've never heard of that before, thus the question to you guys.

I've tried recalibrating the panel via the accessability button, but the panel won't accept when I touch the 4 crosses.

I've been given 24 hours to accept or reject the machine.
Any ideas ?

Thanks

Tam

LAKY
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
do a reset trouble
hold the key utility meter and turn the machine
hello laky

ni311
03-04-2009, 05:51 PM
How can you do a trouble reset if the touch panel is not working?!

LAKY
03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
the truble not reset uses the touch panel, but the key utilities' meter and the ignition key.
laky
:D

Taminol
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
do a reset trouble
hold the key utility meter and turn the machine
hello laky

I tried the 'hold utility while turning on' idea earlier. But the machine then wants me to press ok on the non functioning touch panel.

Any other ideas ?

kmcopier
03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
replace the touch panel 4037780701 an the control panel works again this is only the touch glass and not the complete unit

dqydj
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
You might try removing the op panel and make sure the
4 pin ribbon cable for the touch glass hasn't come loose.
If that's not the case I agree, replace the touch glass.

TheOwl
03-05-2009, 02:19 AM
There is cable that comes out near the MFP board only to plug into the MFP board externally. This cable connects the print engine to the scanner.

Try removing that cable, check for bent pins and then reconnect. I have had trouble with these cables after a machine has been moved and the connector doesn't make proper contact.

Taminol
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
I managed to borrow a control panel from another dealer. Fitted it, works fine.
I have checked out all the pins/ribbon cables as suggested, but they all look fine. I guess it's just a case of the 'glass section' going faulty.
Thanks for all your help

Custom Search