PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub350

Custom Search

cnn200
03-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Can someone help me to setup scaning docs and sending them to scan folder on my computer.

Thanks

jeffreyclay
03-04-2009, 11:16 PM
This feature is real easy to setup. You'll do it all from a pc that is on the same subnet as the copier. I'll assume you have already configured the copier for printing.
You'll need to know if the pc is addressed by DCHP or has a static address. To discover which it is, open a command prompt. You can do that by clicking 'Start' and then the 'Run' command. Type cmd in the run field and press enter key. Now, type ipconfig /all
This will display the 'Host name' which you may use and is the same screen that may indicate DHCP...Yes.
If it indicates NO you will want the IP address of the computer.
Write all of this down.
OPen your Internet browser and type the copier's IP address in the address field and press 'Enter'.
Once the web interface opens from the copier, click the orange 'Fax/Scan' tab. In the lower boxclick on the dashed line of an empty cell and you will be asked for the touchscreen name, host address (or name) and the destination (If you use the host name type it in upper case!). That would be your folder to receive the scan of which we will create in a minute. If the computer is password protected you will need to enter the login and password in the lower fields labled as such. Finally click OK and that's it for the copier side.
Now you must create a 'shared folder' with full read/write permissions. They recommend you create the folder on the root of C:\. I always use 'copierscans'. After you create the folder, right click on it and select properties. Unless special admin permissions are in play you should see a tab marked "Sharing". Enable a check box for sharing and if you see "allow everyone" to read/write check it so. You may see a box marked 'permissions', if so open it and have all three boxes checked.
If you don't see 'Sharing' you probably need to login as the admin.
That should do it.:cool:

cnn200
03-05-2009, 01:54 AM
When I scan a document i get message address is not selected. Someone has helped me in the past to setup and under address tab I had two options Left Right. Left refers to the main computer and right to Auxillary. My employee did something on the printer by deleting index list info. I use FTP utility for this.

TheOwl
03-05-2009, 02:08 AM
After every scan, you will get a message saying that 'Address has not been selected' because the machine resets the panel so that there aren't any scan addresses selected.

To setup a one touch in the address book, go to the web interface of the copier (type the IP address of the copier into your web browser) then go to scan.

Easy as pie to setup your addresses from here.

xphyperleon
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
brod cnn you have already configure ur bizhub to ur pc?and which connection ur using thru usb or thru LAN?

cnn200
03-05-2009, 08:12 PM
thru Lan. I did log into web interface and clicked scan tab and at the bottom Index>Sub-Index-> Scan selected the first doted line and under Job Type I have Following options
1. Scan To Email
2.File(Scan to Ftp Server)
3.File(Scan To PC)
4.File(Scan to HDD)
5.Scan To Internet Fax

When I select Scan to Ftp server and click next following setting shows
Desination Folder Left
Destination server 192.168.1.101./Scan
Url Notification _______
U.Not. E-mail Address _______
Evev if I select an address on the printer it gives error message can't connect to ftp server.

TheOwl
03-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Ok, we will need to make sure that everything is ok from the PC end. This is presuming that you are using Windows.

1. Work on PC with FTP server running
2. Start - Run - cmd - OK
3. Type in 'ftp localhost' then enter
4. Attempt to login with the username and password

If that succeeds, we then know that the FTP server is running OK. If it doesn't, then you might need to re-install your FTP server. I preffer to use MS IIS which is in built into Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro, Vista and Windows 2000 Server, 2003 Server and 2008 Server.

If you could login OK, continue with the following.

1. Go to another PC
2. Start - Run - cmd - OK
3. Type in 'ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' then enter. (Replace x's with the IP address of the FTP server)
4. Attempt to login with the username and password

If this works, then we know that network devices don't have a problem connecting to your FTP server. If you have a problem here, then the FTP server probably has a firewall on it preventing FTP connections.

If you could do this, then keep reading.

1. Web Interface of the copier
2. Scan
3. New one touch
4. FTP
5. Fill in the details (if the FTP server's home directory is where the scans should end up, just put a \ in the folder path or / if you are using Linux, Mac etc)
6. Save the settings

Sorry for the huge novel here but hopefully it will help.

cnn200
03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Many many thanks for your help. It is informative to begginers like me and it did solve my problem. Now I can scan to my both PC'S.

Thanks again. Great help.

h4ckii
03-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for this post, helped me setup scan to FTP.
Quick question, my scan to FTP is working, but any way to disable the "transmission report" that the printer prints every time I scan something to FTP?

Thanks

pepper38_cnd
03-10-2009, 10:46 PM
See attached to turn off TX report for scans.

TheOwl
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
I can't remember the exact method of thurning of the reports, but if you have a fax kit installed and want a TX report everything you send a fax, then you will have to put up with the TX report for scan transmissions.

I believe that the setting will be under 'Admin' and somewhere in there you should find reporting.

kmcopier
03-11-2009, 12:13 AM
soft switch 368 bit 1 on 0 as in the PDF is discriped

h4ckii
03-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Service mode and then change soft switch 368 bit 1 on 0

Thanks pepper38_cnd (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/pepper38_cnd.html) that did the trick :)

cnn200
03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Is it possible for me get a copy of service manual for KM C350 from you. My e-mail is pnmplus@gmail.com.

Thanks

h4ckii
03-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Hi cnn200

I mailed you the FK-503 (bizhub 350/250) manual :)

mmengoni
07-21-2009, 11:08 AM
HI guyz I'm getting mad with this issue too! :S
Please send me a copy of that manual using PM :]

Thank you in advance,
Marco

h4ckii
07-22-2009, 06:23 AM
I can email it to you..

Whats your email addie?

Deuces
08-04-2009, 06:39 PM
can i get a copy of the c350 service manual? very much appreciated.

joey9583@yahoo.com

thank you !

Custom Search