PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access C350

Custom Search

Trido
03-05-2009, 02:07 AM
We have a C350 here at my place of work. I'm the sysadmin, but because we're small the staff always bug me when our production printers play up.

We lost power last night in a storm and ever since no one can print to our C350. It is assigned an IP address but I cannot access the web config via that IP nor ping it. I then try to get into the Network Settings in Admin mode but there is no option for Network settings.

Does anyone know how I can gain access to these settings so I can continue troubleshooting this issue?

TheOwl
03-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Sounds like you might have a bigger problem than you think. But try the following to see if it is right.

In Tech Rep Mode, have a look in System Input and Peripheral Setting. It should be set to Controller 3.

Trido
03-05-2009, 02:29 AM
hah Wouldn't surprise me.

I'll go check that out now. Thanks.

Trido
03-05-2009, 02:48 AM
It was set to Controller 2. I set it to Controller 3 and the Network Settings option was there then, however all the settings were blank. I tried to set its IP and Subnet to what it was, but I still cannot ping it.

EDIT: Actually, I can ping it now. However the web config still won't work. Getting somewhere though at least!

TheOwl
03-05-2009, 03:44 AM
Hopefully it's something easy like the web config being turned off in the Administrator mode. Maybe the firmware is now corrupted? At worst, the power surge has killed your MFP board, but let's just hope that isn't the case.

Trido
03-05-2009, 04:36 AM
Let's hope so. I don't think I'll mess around with it anymore. I'll call in the company that services the machines.

buster68
03-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Sounds to me that you have a Fiery print controller, and the power failure just knocked it offline. I would recommend you change the perif setting back to 3. Turn off the copier with main power and the power switch on the fiery. Turn the controller on and then the copier main power. Hopefully the Fiery hdd hasn't crashed, can happened with the older fierys when not properly shut down.

Custom Search