PDA

View Full Version : konicaminolta 2510 squiggling image

Custom Search

digicor
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I have a konica minolta 2510 that is squiggling the right side top and bottom only of the image.and only on the right side,I have replaced:the doc feeder,dv tank, upper iu,scanner glass plate,lubed the scanner track, check the scanner trak for bumps..,,,,:mad:. Oh yeah, it only does it when scanning, perfect on the glass.perfect on the print.by squiggle i mean like the scanner hits a bump or something as it scanns like a wave on the ocean.Any ideas ??:(

brent
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
if you changed the doc feeder then you must have missed it. or the other doc feeder had the same problem. if you can make a nice print off the glass then it is in the doc feeder. here is the fix if Iunderstand you. on the rear hinge (the left one if you are standing right in front of the machine) take a wrench and loosed the screw. then use your phillips and raise or lower the screw. you will see the doc feed angle change as it hits the glass. you are close when you can put a piece of paper on the little bump right next to the front (slit glass) this is a usual adjustment as the machine gets older and the hinges wear. now you can copy with the doc feeder and you won't hear the paper slap that slit glass section. this should work

brent

digicor
03-05-2009, 07:42 PM
brent
thank you very much, i will do this adjustment process and see how it goes. hopefully all will go well.I will post a reply after to let everyone know.
Thank You again
Rocky

dcopylady
03-10-2009, 07:06 AM
EXACTLY! Good job brent! really 'touchy' though to get the same pressure on the rear as the front ....and tighten jam nuts when finished!

fixthecopier
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
OK, here is the bad news. If that adjustment does not work, you have a bad problem. Grab the left front corner of the scanner. Can you rock it up and down? If you can that is the problem. 95% of these will make a perfect copy if you loosen the two adjustment screws all the way out. The ones you have to work on usually have a scanner that is not square. You may have to pull the machine. Your image problem comes from the paper hitting the glass as it rolls around. If you listen, you can hear it.

brent
03-10-2009, 01:52 PM
there is hope. there is a mod kit for that corner. I don't have the part number handy but there is a little angle piece metal that allows the doc feeder to range up or down. more so then the original angle brace. I will see if I can find a part number
I agree. it is touchy. and if you adjust just a smidge too much you are out of adjustment. that is for sure

brent

digicor
03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Thank you to all who posted to this,
the adjusment worked,it was almost all the way, but the little i had left worked out. thank you fellow tech men.

Custom Search