PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 crashing?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I am having trouble with a C350 machine. When the machine loads up I get a stabilizing image message onscreen - this keeps going for a while, then the copier just resets itself and begins warming up again? help?!

I have recently removed a IC-401 print controller from it so perhaps this is leading to the issue?

cboucher
03-05-2009, 05:58 PM
When you removed the Fiery did you also change the Controller setting in Service Mode?

OutlawTorn
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I did, but only after I had removed it. I changed the setting from controller 2 back to controller 3. Is this correct?

cboucher
03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm not 100% sure. I would try controller 0 first and just go down the list if that doesn't work.

kmcopier
03-05-2009, 08:15 PM
It's type 3 the internal controller,

try also too unset the hardisk and check the machine

OutlawTorn
03-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Could you elaborate on 'check' the machine?? I have unset the hard disk and made sure it is controller 3 selected and now I can get 1 copy to come out - as soon as I try to do multiple copies it crashes again

I also have two warnings up now, P-6 and P-8

Juggy
03-07-2009, 06:13 PM
if you have recently replaced any image unit. ie., immediately it could be bad. Secondly solve the P6 - P8 problem which could solve your problem.

kmcopier
03-07-2009, 07:01 PM
First check your halftone prints if they are OK, check if you have only p6 (cyan unit) and p8 (yellow unit)

Is it only p6 and P8 check the unit if it's p6,p7,p8,p9 check icp 17 on Pwb MC this is caused by the imaging units also you have too replace all 4 the units becuase they are empty no developer in side also check if Hv1 is also not defective

OutlawTorn
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I have now updated the firmware and I'm still getting the machine either rebooting during image stabilization or rebooting after more than 1 copy is done through it?

help??!

I fear I may have a duff PWB-MFC :(

dcopylady
03-10-2009, 06:56 AM
outlawtorn-
did you set the hard drive again after un-setting it? copier needs the hard drive to spool print jobs and fax won't work without it either.
I would also check the power source and be sure there is not a large voltage draw somewhere else. these machines do not respond very well if adequate steady voltage is not maintained. regards!
d_copylady

OutlawTorn
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
More updates! haha, this is quite the saga! We have just recieved back an out-of-service C350 so I removed the PWB-MFP from my faulty machine and put it into the other - exactly the same sympthoms! This is, however, a bit of a nightmare as the board costs £1800 from KonicaMinolta... oh dear...

thanks to everyone for their feedback so far - anything else welcomed.

DadO
03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Its a standard today. Japans moto "Why to design few cheaper boards when we can sh*t all in one expensive board."

dcopylady
03-12-2009, 03:59 AM
OutlawTorn-
:eek:AAAAHH! It almost hurts to remember so quickly! This may be a rep-installed problem, as I did it myself on a 'sister' machine. Remove the glass and the lens cover and carefully check/reseat the connection of the ribbon cable from the op panel to the (image process board) to the right of the lens. The 'stay' that is supposed to lock that cable down is real fragile. On my machine, I was making checks and troubleshooting something else. When I was done, same thing...the copier went into a loop of sorts, booting then off/on, over and over, never quit. Yes, I had to replace that board. No repair to the cable stay.:( (Also check secure connection of the HDD)

OutlawTorn
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I was just curious if there was some sort of memory clear that could perhaps clear this glitch? You can do these on the Di2510 and bizhub 162/211 machines. I know there is a trouble reset button on the C350 but it doesnt make any difference. Clutching at straws now haha.

JSC
03-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I was just curious if there was some sort of memory clear that could perhaps clear this glitch?.

Its worth a shot.

OutlawTorn
03-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks for that JSC, really handy to know that! Tried it and... nothing. It was well worth a try though. I'm pretty sure this board is done - I've tried pretty much everything else now! *sigh*

Custom Search