PDA

View Full Version : Dead CF Cards

Custom Search

blackcat4866
03-07-2009, 03:15 AM
I've got a big customer that's using CF memory cards to hold external fonts on three or four models of Kyocera machines (50 boxes). When the MFP is powered Off then powered back up, I've had 6 CF cards become unreadable by the MFP and the card reader on my PC. Mainly Stratos & Falcon III machines are affected.

My theory is this:
I use CF cards to do firmware upgrades every day, and I've never had one fail, ever. But my firmware CF cards are only connected to a power source for 25 minutes at a time. The CF cards on the MFP are continuously connected to a power source that is only powered off perhaps (4) times per year. I believe that CF cards just don't like continually being connected to a power source.

Has anyone else had this experience with CF cards? And my theory: is it true, and is it just a limitation when using CF cards?

blackcat4866
03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Last chance. Anybody? =^..^=

cboucher
03-17-2009, 06:13 PM
The only experience I've had close to this was a printer that I set up to pull a form from the CF card. (It was actually a bitmap of a signature converted into a Prescribe macro). However, the card was only inserted when doing a print job as a security measure (they were printing checks on pre-printed forms). A printer hard drive may fare better although it will be way more expensive.

russmacman
04-23-2009, 03:47 AM
Had same problem on KM-5050 with forms (formmaker pro) Send the prescribe info over as "wisecore option" (little check box) Different seeing, and deleting the cards when you restart machine. I sent mone over to the HD, and kept a card in the back, just incase we had to format drive some time. Russ:)

Custom Search