PDA

View Full Version : Dell 5100cn printing magenta for cyan

Custom Search

Rivergoat
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Had a call out on a machine with a toner spill. Wasn't very dirty inside; ticket said discussions with Dell recommended an image drum and transfer roller. I changed those, but did not have a cyan developer assembly with me. I noticed the cyan assy was coated with magenta, and the bottom of the cyan toner cartridge had magenta on it. After cleaning everything out I test printed a big text message in blue. Sure enough, it printed in magenta, though a bit darker than straight magenta (possibly a mix with a little cyan). Site said another tech firm had been working on their printers, and since they screwed up a mono Lexmark, they were due back out and would service the Dell, so I stopped. What would the cause of this be? If the little hoses on the toner feed were reversed I would have expected contamination of both cyan and magenta, but magenta looked OK. I did not access the developer frame to where the hoses are, so I am only guessing. If the cyan was disconnected, I would also expect a lot of cyan toner spillage, which I did not find. Any thoughts appreciated. Even if the other tech company comes back out, I'd like to know for future reference.

Custom Search