PDA

View Full Version : Challange for experts 7085

Custom Search

Dedotch
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I have a recurring problem. I have changed the drum and developer. After about 200000 copies there is a grey background on the sheet. The machine is really a Imigastics dl850. I have been using the minolta dev. and Imagistics toner. Think there is a chance they dont mix? I am using a generic cleaning blade, it seems to be sealing well and the grey is so even I dont think it is the cause. Thanks

freefall
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
I'll bet its the toner . What you can do to test this theory is to pull out the imagistics toner bottle, run sky shots until all toner is bled out, then put in a konica-minolta bottle of toner in the unit. :o

Luther
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Wouldnt take 200,000 copies if it were the toner, developer is the same and so is the toner the only difference is the cartraige. and you're using the correct toner,have you restrung the charge in this machine? have you done all the drum peculiarity adjustment in order? how many copies on the developer unit itself? need more info

Dedotch
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM
No i have not done anything to the charge corona. The machine has 746850, so does the dev unit. It has a new trans-sep corona unit. I just put in a new drum ran the drum peculiarity adjustment in order. No change. I have a new bag of dev., but with only 195000 on it didn't want to waste it if there is something else wrong. Thanks, not use to working on this one my others are di650s. Seems to be a real work horse.

Luther
03-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Restring the charge corona that would be the 1st thing , is the machine running dirty ( toner all over in the machine) or is it clean? dont think its overtoned or there would be a mess, try the charge corona, and it is a work horse, good luck and post your results

Dedotch
03-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Just an added thought in case this helps with the problem. The wires and grid are still on order. It seems that the more copies we run the darker the background gets.

minimerlin
03-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Has this unit had a full PM kit fitted?

lvangsnes
03-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Have you checked your LD bias adjustments? If you cannot get those in spec, you may be looking at a laser unit or image board. If your LD are in spec, you may want to seriously consider replacing the entire d/u. I have not seen a d/u go bad that early, but the symptoms sound very simliar to a problem I had with one, but it had nearly 3 million clicks when the background appeared.

langelot
07-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I have seen this type problems on several occasions - one as mentioned above had to do with worn/out of place magnets within the developer sleeve - but this is unlikely because of 700k doesn't make that unit that old. The other thing is, believe it or not, the "fur" roller in the cleaning unit. These things have bias voltage going through them and I have seen it affect copy quality somehow, electrical noise? Take out that roller, make sure the ends are nice and clean and make sure the little bearing is clean and in good shape (rolling properly) - if you have some electrical grease, you might want to work a dab of that into it or replace the bearing altogether. If you have a spare cleaning unit altogether, try it in the machine to see if it makes any difference.

Secondly, the drum bearing too can have issues where they are not conducting the voltage properly - check the voltage on the bearing itself while the machine is running to check for fluctuations - again cleaning and electrical grease can be useful - also a copper plate across the bearing can help.

minimerlin
07-28-2010, 12:30 PM
This thread is over a year old...and the originator has not let us know if the problem was fixed....my pet hate!!

RRodgers
07-29-2010, 02:16 AM
This thread is over a year old...and the originator has not let us know if the problem was fixed....my pet hate!!
It show's that he is logged in right now.

PLEASE UP DATE US!!! :)

Custom Search