PDA

View Full Version : Can someone print this on a c6501

Custom Search

gig0
03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
and tell me what you get? Doesn't matter what stock is used.

In case you can't download it or whatever, it's just an 11 x 17 swatch. The color values are:

62% Cyan
57% Magenta
60% Yellow
36% Black.

Thanks!

AjitN
03-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Whats so special about this swatch %?
Evenness or color accuracy?
Try Putting off CMYK and RGB color correction and Spot colors ON

gig0
03-15-2009, 03:30 PM
It's a grey build using CMY values instead of a dominant K. Our machine would produce uneven coverage and would have patches of green (inconsistent yellow coverage). A demo unit also confirmed the same thing so I wanted to see how far this went. It was important to me because one of my largest on-demand customers want booklets that usually have computer cases on the front cover that use this ink mix. Fortunately, after the drums and chargers were replaced, it minimized the problem, although I could still see very slight inconsistency in coverage... but only if *I'm looking* for it. I think most customers wouldn't notice though. Also, thanks to a private message, I will also create a new profile for Dot 2 mode, so there are other options I can work with.

Si@danwood
03-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Ok i'st things 1'st.If your customer is going to use the machine mainly for this grey shading then all i can wish you is good luck cos these machine hate this type of file,they will band and give uneven coverage faster than Bill Clinton taking an intern's dress to the dry cleaners!!! however if it is a colour tint appearing in the greys then try switching the colourwise simulation to none in expert settings in command workstation which should help...Si

gig0
03-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Actually, I use the machine. I'm not a tech. At least not yet, heh.

I ran one of those problem booklets today that had the same ink mix and saw a very slight hint of unevenness using the default Dot 1 screening, even though drums and chargers were replaced. In the Creo, I changed the screening to line 1 and it completely resolved it! It looks great now! YAY!

Now it's just a matter of optimizing the current profile for the new screen set.

AjitN
03-17-2009, 06:11 AM
[quote=gig0;65318]
This is a common experience that line screening gives better output.
As line uses continuous tone rather than half tone produced by dit screening ( Most of the Xerox and Canon machines use Continuous tone ). Sometimes line screening gives deeper color tones, especially for photographs.

Setright
03-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Moire effect is partly to blame for the unevenness in Dot screens.

For really tricky prints, try using Line2 and via the Machine Admin. menus on the front panel select "Type2" for Line2. This is the most coarse pattern available and can be useful too.

Machine Admin. / System / Expert adjustment / Custom Screen.....

OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT :D

Juxta5
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
On my printer it looks gorgeous! Printed on a Konica CF8050 -- baby sister to the 6500.

The color matches the PDF, but when it prints out it looks like a solid block of graphite gray. No blotches, no streaks, no moire. Perfect. My paper of choice, Hammermill 32# digital opaque.

But I service this machine and it is immaculate, what more can I say. HA.

P.S. It's a total waste of toner though!!! I would print coverage like this on an offset press, an Indigo or a Heidelburg!

Honestly though, I just did a 200K PM and changed my developer last week. Give this 8050 a couple of weeks and the print will begin to look blotchy. YOU can not expect a copier/printer to consistently print perfect sheets unless you service it BEFORE a PM. I work on this printer sometimes weekly because our customers demand quality and we use it alot.

In my NEXT LIFE I'm working at a hot dog stand. ;)

Custom Search