PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di-450, add toner bulletin

Custom Search

Hansoon
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Minolta Di-450, add toner bulletin.

I recall there was a bulletin giving information what to do when the machine keeps asking to add toner although enough toner is present. Since I lost a large chunk of my database I cannot find that bulletin anymore.

Anybody having a copy for me or can otherwise describe here the solution for that problem please?

Hans

xcopy
03-11-2009, 12:12 AM
The plastic gears that drive the toner bottle around can strip.
therefore the toner moter turns, but the bottle doesn't.
So it says add toner. This is caused by the customer not loading toner properly.

Hansoon
03-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks, I think the problem is not that the bottle is not turning since its actually adding toner. The developing unit was having an overload of 200 gr toner beside the 600gr starter, it was crammed up to the cover and the drive coupler couldn't be turned by hand anymore. Though physically toner being present in abundance it was still saying "add toner" and from time to time it even turned the bottle a few cycles. Looks like the whole system is out of whack. ATDC control "Current" was 5.2 and "Set" also 5.2

Hans

xcopy
03-11-2009, 01:45 AM
It must be a faultly ATDC sensor or the dev is very old.

brent
03-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Minolta Di-450, add toner bulletin.

I recall there was a bulletin giving information what to do when the machine keeps asking to add toner although enough toner is present. Since I lost a large chunk of my database I cannot find that bulletin anymore.

Anybody having a copy for me or can otherwise describe here the solution for that problem please?

Hans
hansoon. just curious is the the same machine you posted on with the copies that had the light streak that had the very old developer? it must be. . this may be an easy one if it is
brent

Hansoon
03-11-2009, 08:08 AM
No it isn't the same machine, this one has developer only 100K old.

Hans

dcopylady
03-13-2009, 05:40 AM
hansoon
Check the mixing screw drive gear in the back and see if it is stripped or rounded out on the shaft. There are two mixing screws. One where the toner is added, and the other between that and the mag roller. If the middle one is stripped, broken rounded out etc... the developer does not pass over the TDC sensor, thus message doesn't clear. I have seen this happen when the seal/bushings get so gummed up that the resistance overcomes the drive gear and it fails. Replace the whole imaging unit or rebuild it.:(
Sorry,
dcopylady

labish
04-18-2009, 06:01 AM
This is one of my hated machine but what the heck we have to help each other. The motor for this machine to feed toner is modified by Minolta after years and years of a brand that brake the drive gear or going backward and this is better anyway. The pain is the other motor the sub hopper and if this stuck won't feed toner to the dev unit so the machine suppose to give you the right error for the sub hopper motor but oops. Rebuilding the dev won't make a big difference. After years of pain about this and some modifications to the drum shaft finally they made a new dev unit. Get one or get rid of this real piece of junk.

Custom Search