PDA

View Full Version : c250/252 - c450 developer weight

Custom Search

datapresstecnica
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Does anybody know the exact amount of developer contained in the IU's for this models?
Thank you

Taminol
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Does anybody know the exact amount of developer contained in the IU's for this models?
Thank you

985,764,532 particles - give or take :p

Excellent question!

I have no idea, but I guess I'd weigh a new IU, then empty it, weigh what I just emptied or weigh the empty unit :rolleyes:

Am I helping much yet :D

I am curious though, are you thinking of replacing just the Dev in the C250/252 IU ?

eg101
03-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Check the bags that the developer comes in. The weight is printed on them in grams.

datapresstecnica
03-13-2009, 12:17 PM
985,764,532 particles - give or take :p

Excellent question!

I have no idea, but I guess I'd weigh a new IU, then empty it, weigh what I just emptied or weigh the empty unit :rolleyes:

Am I helping much yet :D

I am curious though, are you thinking of replacing just the Dev in the C250/252 IU ?

I would do that too, if I had any new IU's to weight (this is Argentina, each unit costs lots of many so we don't ussually have stock).
The reason I'm asking this question is because many times I've seen certain image troubles that can be solved by adding a few grams of developer in the units (from another used IU) but I never know how much, I just do it little by little until the white areas dissapear. I figured that having the initial amount of developer would make easier to calculate the amount to be added.

eg101, The developer doesn't come in bags for this machine since it's not replaceable.

dudley
03-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I have tried this on C450 IU's but they usually fail again in hours or days. The problem is the coating on the drum is being buffed and is pulling the developer out. On the C350/450 IU's there was a mod to shim the mag roller away from the drum and this seems to help keep the IU's from failing.

1 lift the black mylar cover on the developer tank near the front to expose the screw and silver metal plate that hold the tank to the drum body.

2 remove the screw and plate

3 force the 2 sections apart a small amount and insert the shim. Install the shim ,screw and plate and stick the mylar back down. The shim should be placed between the roller and the black drum body where the sliver plate was.

4 The shim is available as a part but is also found in just about every office. I fold over a piece of common scotch tape so I have two layers and use that. I feel that the factory shim is not thick enough. On some IU's I have had to use 3 layers of tape

5 Do all drums in the machine please, better yet do all units before they leave the shop.

if you check the other IUs in a machine that IU has failed you will probably see a 7mm band of starter on the other IUs this cross contamination with eventually cause all the other IU's to fail

If you are in area with very low humidity ( like us at 5%-15%) then do a reset and stabilize, then turn on bias control,then do a stabilize only, which will force your grid voltages down and save your IU's. This is critical on C250 type models as the humidity sensors are about 5-10% off and the grid voltages will be force up to the 800-1000 volt range and blow holes though the mylar next to the charge assembly, spraying the drum surface with rubber. We lost 25 units in one week when the humidity levels went very low. The C250's were showing 0% humidity and lost their ability to control the voltages.

Sorry for the long post and I wish I could answer you question but I have not weighed out the developer but I do know the difference between a bad unit and a good one is a matter of 2 teaspoons of developer(about 10ml).

Custom Search