PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 500 - Auto tray switching

Custom Search

Taminol
03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi guys,

I visited a Biz500 today with a repoted problem of "the machine switches to the headed paper cassette when the LCT runs out"
I check the User setting, it was set to Restrict. I checked the FW level, it's at 31, I confirmed that it was happening to more than one user, it was.
Hmmm.....
However, I couldn't get the fault to occur while I was there. I got various ops to send multi page print jobs to the LCT (loaded with just 3 sheets to see if it would switch). It didn't switch tray, it worked fine, just said Add Paper
I reloaded FW31 just for the hell of it. Now we just wait.....

Anyone got any thoughts on this ?

Thanks

rocky246
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I have seen this on some my 500's. We set the next LT tray to "special". The machine will not switch trays when the LCT runs out. Machines have V.31 on them. Have not found any other way around this.

Taminol
03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I never thought to prioritise the LCT to 'Special', my only thought was to priorise the other trays to Letterhead/Special etc.
I'll try what you suggested.
Thanks

redime
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I never thought to prioritise the LCT to 'Special', my only thought was to priorise the other trays to Letterhead/Special etc.
I'll try what you suggested.
Thanks
I think that is what he means, make sure your trays with 8x11 in it are set to letterhead or special, and the machine wont switch to them when you run out from the LCT.

Custom Search