PDA

View Full Version : konica bizhub c250 p5 p 28 prob

Custom Search

vedder
03-13-2009, 08:46 PM
HI all, I have a bizhub c250 that I went to the other day asking to replace belt, I chipped the unit and that reset, but the image was getting typical lines on copies, so I rebooked for a black drum. Before I left I checked error history, it had a lot of p5 and p28, I thought I would check it out when I replaced the black drum. Went back today, put new drum in, still got P codes and the image is gray, not solid black, put old drum back in, solid black image again. I have gone through the manual what to check for p codes, just thought i would put it out there if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

pepper38_cnd
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
How old is the TX Belt? I assume when you say you re-chipped it, that you did a reset by replacing the fuse?

vedder
03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
yes i replaced the fuse on the belt, it had not been chipped before this. Is it worth going in with another transfer belt? Find it strange how one drum gives gray copies, but the other is jet black. Thanks for the reply.

pepper38_cnd
03-16-2009, 01:16 AM
I would definitely try a new belt first as both of those P Codes refer to a worn out or damage Belt, and then other things. Try a new belt then refer to the manual and try the next thing on the list.

Keep in mind re-chipping and re fusing is only recommended when everything is working well. re-chipping or fusing will not correct a problem. And will in fact exaggerate a problem if one exist.

Custom Search