PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 300 Calibration Password

Custom Search

ccaro
03-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I recently bought a used BizHub 300 from a bankruptcy sale to use in my home design business. I used this same model where I used to work, and we were able to use the calibration function from the main menu. I have the the CE default password of 92729272, and the admin default password of 12345678--that gets me into admin areas, but neither of these passwords work for the calibration password. How do I find that password or reset it to a new one?

pepper38_cnd
03-14-2009, 01:43 AM
What are you trying to calibrate?

ccaro
03-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Color Calibration. At the place I used to work where we had a bizhub 300, the tech told us to color calibrate after every color cartridge replacement. I thought that "Calibrate" under the main "Menu" button was where to go. I know that it can also be done from the glass using the color scale, but he told us we didn't have to do that one very often. Maybe I have forgotten what the procedure was for color calibration, any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

copytechman
03-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Does the c300 have a fiery on it or not... makes a difference to the process you'd need to follow.

Please let us know!
Regards!
A.

ccaro
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
BizHub 300 has a Fiery. I just need to color calibrate it after changing color cartridges. Thank you!

minoltaed
03-16-2009, 03:55 PM
PW for the fiery is Fiery.1

minoltaed
03-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Also in the admin mode what u want is called gradation adjust

ccaro
03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
I believe gradation adjust is not exactly what I need (might be, but I don't think so). I need to have photos that I am printing from my computer graphics software look more realistic again. They were printing fine before I changed the cyan cartridge, now the color is off, too much magenta in the face. These photos are from the computer, color adjusted and should come out looking great.

The tech that used to work on this machine at my old work would also color calibrate from the glass. I can't remember how he did that, but if someone could walk me through that process, that would work also. I have the Kodak grayscale and the color scale that came with the machine.

copytechman
03-16-2009, 04:48 PM
U need to follow through with the calibration procedure for the fiery from the control panel. Do you know how to navigate through the fiery menus?
If so print a menu map to get to the calibrate function and follow through that way.

Regards... (its hard to explain without having one right in front of me!)
A.

ccaro
03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the Fiery.1 password. I had that already, just didn't think that was the one I needed. Got me in and I printed the ColorCal page, applied the grayscale to it and calibrated. Also helps to use the PS driver instead of the PCL driver. Thanks everyone for your help! Very appreciated.

Custom Search