PDA

View Full Version : Are They Nuts?

Custom Search

Agent777
03-14-2009, 03:13 AM
Customer has an MP6000 copy only, no print, scan or fax. They insist that sometimes pages from a job done earlier in the day will become interspaced into the current job. One gal said that two pages from two different earlier jobs showed up in her job. I find it unbelievable but was wondering what you guys think.

schooltech
03-14-2009, 03:43 AM
It's funny that you mention this because I did actually have someone tell this to me a while back (a year or two or three.):confused: I can't remember if it was on a Ricoh or a Sharp product. They also told me that, occasionally, a previous job will show up in a copy run a few hours later. I don't believe it was the whole job, but just some of the pages.

OF COURSE, I could not duplicate this one. Eventually, the problem seemed to go away. During this time, I was trying to think of everything that might cause this: HDD issue, document server glitch, firmware issue, etc.

I wonder if a tech did actually duplicate this problem, on any brand machine?

unisys12
03-14-2009, 04:34 AM
I find it unbelievable but was wondering what you guys think.

A given rule of mine... "If I cannot disprove my customer, then I must believe them. And until I can, I will."

Only thing that could cause this is software, so unless you have either updated or reflashed all software on the machine... you have no grounds to claim your hard paying customer incompetent. ;)

Jimbo1
03-14-2009, 04:40 AM
I had an episode where someone had put old paper upside down in the tray and they were getting phantom images in their work.

Any chance?

schooltech
03-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Jimbo, that is why sometimes it's hard to duplicate the problem; the copies are long gone by the time we get there, or if they're not, there is no easy way to reproduce the problem.

Unless something like this is happening, I think that Unisys is right----software glitch. This may be a tough one to diagnose as it sounds pretty sporadic.

I would have liked to have seen the machine do this for me so I could do the loud, questionable, customer-loves-to hear phrase of, "Hmmm, haven't seen that one before." Oh yeah, that instills quite a bit of confidence.:rolleyes:

KopyKat
03-14-2009, 08:38 AM
I agree with the firmware and one other thing comes to mind.

I had a customer who would grab their copies before all had exited the machine and leave a few pages in the exit tray, since all copies exit to the same tray, the next person who copied a job would get the 'left-overs' in the tray. Just a thought. I know how some users are in such a hurry they just grab and run. I had to sit and watch the users for a while before I actually saw it happen. Then just a little KeyOp.

Shadow1
03-16-2009, 10:46 PM
I had bad HDD's in an MPC7500 cause exactly this problem. Not sure if that would help since it's a different model, but maybe...

Custom Search