PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C250 fax problem

Custom Search

ZeusGT
03-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Hey guys, I recently purchased a BizHub C250 with the works (print,scan and fax) and it has a very low meter (9432).

The fax board is installed, but when you hit the fax button, nothing happens. I went into the TechRep mode (periphial settings) and made sure that the fax feature was "set" and it wasn't. When I set the feature I was able to go into the fax feature window, but couldn't do anything else... no dial tone.. nothing.

When I turned the machine off and then back on, I got the CB000 code and the machine shut down.

I took another "known good working" fax board off of another C250 and installed it into the other machine with the same results.

What am I missing? It's ashame to let this machine go just because the fax doesn't work..

Can anybody help me? Are there any other features/switches that need to be turned on as well? Are there any intializations that I needed to do when I set the fax?

The board was installed when I purchased the machine, but the periphial settings tab showed the fax was "unset". Thanks for all your help.

ivovb
03-14-2009, 08:50 AM
You should set:
1. Marketing aria
2. Initialization of “Fax Function Parameter” and “Communication Journal Data.”
3. Cycle off/on the machine and test fax transmission and reception.

If still does not work:
Set Dial Tone Detection to off.

BR

ZeusGT
03-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey guys, it's fixed!!!

Thank you so very much for your help. THe problem was that the fax board wasn't connecting to the expansion slot and when it was trying to initialize the fax board, it was getting the error codes.

I made sure everything was buttoned up and tight, Fired it up and faxed away... Again, thanks for your help.

Custom Search