PDA

View Full Version : NIC of Pi-3502 slow

Custom Search

Hansoon
03-15-2009, 08:04 PM
NIC of Pi-3502 slow.

A have several NIC's for the Pi-3502 (Minolta Di351) which react more slow than other NIC's. Using the same machine with the same controller (Firmware 3.07), just exchanging the NIC, there is a great difference when sending the same PDF or any other testfile. Some NIC's need double the time, some even 3 - 4 times more for printing the same file. All of them having ofcourse the latest and greatest firmware V6.33. Any idea? Shall I replace the electrolytic capacitors on the PWB or might there be another part getting old?

Hans

buster68
03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
That's a common problem when the NIC for the Pi3502 is starting to die.
To my knowledge there is nothing that can be done to fix it, except to replace the NIC, and goodluck finding a new NIC for that model.

Hansoon
03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
To my knowledge there is nothing that can be done to fix it, except to replace the NIC, and goodluck finding a new NIC for that model.

Starting to die, yes, but what is detoriating? The electrolytic capacitors perhaps?

Hans

feeder_supply
05-26-2009, 02:45 AM
I ignore as dies the pi3502..
would explain it?
I did have a pi3502 and the green led blinking in the 5 ports nway switch, it is ok , but then of the first print informe does not do ping, the ip adress does not answer a ping, but whether the test print of copier, but does no print of computer, the netword card is dead..? reset the pi3502.. ok something man help me?

feeder_supply
05-26-2009, 02:49 AM

I ignore as dies the pi3502..
would explain it?
I did have a pi3502 and the green led blinking in the 5 ports nway switch, it is ok , but then of the first print informe does not do ping, the ip adress does not answer a ping, but whether the test print of copier, but does no print of computer, the netword card is dead..? reset the pi3502.. ok something man help me?...:eek:

TheOwl
05-26-2009, 03:08 AM
To my knowledge, there isn't much that can be done about the NIC once it starts to fail. These NIC's also have a high failure rate once they start becoming old, unlike other copiers with NIC's that just won't die.

If it helps, the NIC's for the Pi3502e were built by a company called NetSilicone. Maybe they might have an answer for you.

mjunkaged
03-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Hansoon, I believe you are right about it being the electrolytics at fault. If you've got the time, patience, and money, why not?? Let me know in this thread!!!
You must be an electronics tech. (or ex) to even care! Notice how most of us say "get a new nic"???
MJ

Custom Search