PDA

View Full Version : Imagisitcs CM2520 HELP! (please)

Custom Search

03-18-2009, 03:45 PM
We are a Konica Minolta dealer and yesterday we had CM2520 come in. At first i though for sure it was a C252 but since the front cover had no badges or decals it i wasnt sure. After signing off on it i looked at the SN sticker on the side and realized it was a CM2520, so i figured being almost the same machince 252 toner would fit and work but i was sadly mistaken. Does anyone know here i can get toners generic or what not, the blue is out will any others from KM or PB swap into it. let me know. Thanks agian guys. by the way KM IU chips wont work in this machine does anyone on here reset Imagistics chips?

I swapped the imagistics chip onto a KM 252 toner and it works but the light that it needs to be replaced is on. so can anyone program imagistics toner chips to put on KM toners? this copier is staying in our service warehouse but having the light on bugs me.

ZeusGT
03-19-2009, 04:32 PM
We are a Konica Minolta dealer and yesterday we had CM2520 come in. At first i though for sure it was a C252 but since the front cover had no badges or decals it i wasnt sure. After signing off on it i looked at the SN sticker on the side and realized it was a CM2520, so i figured being almost the same machince 252 toner would fit and work but i was sadly mistaken. Does anyone know here i can get toners generic or what not, the blue is out will any others from KM or PB swap into it. let me know. Thanks agian guys. by the way KM IU chips wont work in this machine does anyone on here reset Imagistics chips?

I swapped the imagistics chip onto a KM 252 toner and it works but the light that it needs to be replaced is on. so can anyone program imagistics toner chips to put on KM toners? this copier is staying in our service warehouse but having the light on bugs me.

Hey, I'm an Imagistics/OCE distributor here in TN and this particular unit will require Imagistics brand toner and imaging units. I have not tried using the chip resetting tool on these being how sensitive they are and I don't want to end up with a paper weight.

I generally don't use generic toner on any of my machines in the field cause of the damage that it can cause to the internals.

Now, I don't recomend this, but I do this all the time in my older Imagistics machines. I take the toner from Minolta comparable (in this case BizHub 250) buy the toner for that machine (which is cheaper) and transfer the powder from that cartridge to the Imagistics cartride and I think you'll be set.

I do know for a fact that they use the same toner and imaging units for the older machines (require some modification on the units however), but I'm haven't ventured into the newer machine to see (don't want an expensive paper weight). Let us know.

Custom Search