PDA

View Full Version : Again that biz(dam)hub 500

Custom Search

DadO
03-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Toner bottle didnt spin. I realized it is because an toner supply motor. When i replaced supp. motor after 2week wait i got c6071 witch is failed communication of OACB board and CCD.

I replaced flat cable and same code appear,the board was deffinitely ded. I actualy fixed the board after searcing for 2 months of qualified electronic technican. He told me that problem was variable ressistor near flat cable connector.Great i say.

After i reinstaled board and start running 200 copes i got c2803 witch is bad mixature of toner/carier and guess why....toner bottle is not spining.......oh my god....

Ok, i switch orginal toner motor whit new one so old one will turn the toner bottle. The toner bottle is spining!! TOTALY INLOGICAL

I thought that new motor is bad so i replaced it again. Put new drum and developer( i got 41 value in tcr adjustment ). Afther this i saw at startup that toner bottle did turn once and newer again later after 100 copes!!

I checked senzors 1 and 2 (bouth describes as ATDC senzors). First one show value 208-209 and the seckond one value 207. I even checked toner remain senzor 57: 1 and 2 and bouth show status "ON"

I tried to swich supply motors again wich is agan TOTALY INLOGICAL but this time trick didnt work.

When i start to think on PRCB board (printer controal board) that controls the toner supply motors i automaticly start to think on BLOWING bizy500 to smitherins or to send my self to institution for mentally ill people....

What do u think what is wrong whit bizy500?
Thank u for listening

fixthecopier
03-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I do not know if this is related to your problem, but there is an issue with the sensors in the bottle rotating collar getting dirty and causing codes like 2804. You must go in through the back and remove the motor assembly and clean or replace the photocells that detect bottle rotation. These are the photocells in the part of the toner system still in the machine. I have had good luck blowing them out with air. There is a bullitian on it at the Konica Minolta web site.

DadO
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
I will try to clean them out. Jeah one is for detecting toner bottle and the other one is for toner rotation. I am scared to touch any pwb on this machine so i started to wear gloves that will protect them from static electricity.

I will get back whit report

DadO
03-24-2009, 09:04 AM
I cleaned toner remain and toner bottle rotation senzor on 820K old bizhub 500 . I even cleand all the hopper in hope that will its senor detect "no toner" and start spining. Well it didnt till i didnt rotate a toner bottle a little by my self and after that he started to spin it on his own for 15 sec !?

After that i copied 50 sheets of blank paper and after compliting, toner started to rotate for 2 sec. After that i feeded 50 blank and 50 whit text and i didnt get any kind of rotation ?

I take anotice on that i replaced the developer so it only 5% toner in it.

If i remember corectly bottle did spin after 10-15 copies on its own so my question is after inspecting service manual :

How often should toner bottle rotate?

p.s.
fixthecopier i didnt get 2804 but only 2801 and 2803 and after chaning dev(probably was old and full of moisture) i didnt saw the codes again.

fixthecopier
03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
The rotation of the bottle will not be based on number of copies, but when the hopper says it needs some. The hopper actuates when the DV box says the mix is low. Could something in the rotating cup be in a bind? Maybe a small burr.

pepper38_cnd
03-24-2009, 12:48 PM
There is a small butterfly spring on the toner add Auger if you removed the Toner hopper it is easy to knock this spring out of position. It must sit on the outer edge of the gear or the auger will not spin when the solenoid is energized. You can get at this area by removing the cover to the laser unit. Much easier than removing the back and the main board. Item 4 is what I am referring to.http://www.geocities.com/pepper38_cnd/tonerhopper.jpg

DadO
03-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Thx pepper. I was actually very careful around that part and I checked to see does he knock the gear so gear can come in position. If he dont turn machine would report c2803
( i experienced this before i changed the developer coz bottle didnt want to turn)

I even reflashed machine to phase 2.0 then to 3.0.
Fixthecoper my man i really dont know. Something in here has gone to hell.:confused: I will try to see doues the gear behind the tonerbottle holder rotate.

As a told u guys, the bottle did turn ( a fu***ng miracle isn'it? :o ) And the best thing would be here since i cant watch the machine all the day seeking is or isnt toner bottle turning, to see will c2801 show after few tousand of copes puling developer instead toner

pepper38_cnd
03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
The bottle will not turn if no toner is being expelled from the hopper. If the bottle was supposed to be turning and not actually turning you will get a 2403 Error.
It is very simple to take the exit tray and cover off and watch what is going on if you hear the solenoid fire and the auger doesn't turn then that spring is not doing it's job. Just stick your finger in and move the spring to the left.
Does the bottle turn under the load check? Code 56 1 and 2 If so you can rule out motors and binding.

pepper38_cnd
03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Code 2801 is not a result of the toner bottle not spinning, it is the result of the Developer not getting any toner. Which means the auger is either plugged or not turning, or the hopper is empty if the hopper is empty and it is not saying add toner then the toner sensor is not working, if the toner sensor is not working then the bottle won't spin because it thinks there is already toner in the hopper.

fixthecopier
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Pepper38 makes a good point about taking the cover off to watch the system run. Make lots of copies with a lot of print so it must call for toner. I have had similar problems with smaller machines only to find out I did not have a gear meshing with another.

moonwalker3778
03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
@Dado,

Iam facing the same prob with bizhub 420.The toner bottle is not spinning at all.after taking 10 to 20 copies iam getting the message"Auto toner supply executing".At this time iam rotating the bottle my self.In load check 50 1 & 2 also its not working.I replaced total toner hopper assy,but didnt work.Iam only getting the C2801 means the low toner condition in Dev unit.I dont know wat to do.Thisf**king machine is electrically very erratic, again this KM people relaunched this model with new black cloths.

pepper38_cnd
03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
@Dado,

Iam facing the same prob with bizhub 420.The toner bottle is not spinning at all.after taking 10 to 20 copies iam getting the message"Auto toner supply executing".At this time iam rotating the bottle my self.In load check 50 1 & 2 also its not working.I replaced total toner hopper assy,but didnt work.Iam only getting the C2801 means the low toner condition in Dev unit.I dont know wat to do.Thisf**king machine is electrically very erratic, again this KM people relaunched this model with new black cloths.

In my manual the toner bottle motor test is 56 1 & 2
http://www.geocities.com/pepper38_cnd/LoadcheckBiz500.jpg

moonwalker3778
03-26-2009, 07:45 AM
@pepper

Yes ur correct it is 56 1&2 only.I did a typing mistake.

But ultimately result is 0

DadO
03-27-2009, 08:20 AM
U say u replaced whole hopper? whit both toner supply motors? if yes then try firmware rewrite(cheap shoot :() .

Does this look like failed PRCB? OACB board from moon walker was not broken so i will exclude my oacb too...

mshaffer
04-22-2009, 06:51 PM
When you removed the toner add mechanism, you probably removed a screw in the lower right side of it that looks like it needs to come out. It doesn't but when you re-assembled, instead of putting the short screw in that you removed, you put in a normal sized screw and it has stabbed the toner add solenoid coil, shorting it out. I've seen this often after techs troubleshoot a 2403 code.

redime
04-27-2009, 02:50 AM
When you removed the toner add mechanism, you probably removed a screw in the lower right side of it that looks like it needs to come out. It doesn't but when you re-assembled, instead of putting the short screw in that you removed, you put in a normal sized screw and it has stabbed the toner add solenoid coil, shorting it out. I've seen this often after techs troubleshoot a 2403 code.
Seen this as well, a screw holding the solenoid is too long and stabbing into the coil.

TCR sensor been replaced?

HVPS?

Might sound stupid, but did you try a new toner bottle?

suomi
04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
The toner bottle is warped.

mo0651
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Before replacing any more boards or motors. Inspect the solenoids that run the toner supply motors in the back of the machine. Take them out and look carefully. We had one that had too long of a screw holding a plate and the screw pierced the protective skin on the solenoid. You can see the indentation. This was a factory installed screw. Took out 2 boards before we even had a clue. It's worth a look.Especially with a lot of toner related errors.:cool:

Custom Search