PDA

View Full Version : KonicaMinolta C450 code C-DOOA ??

Custom Search

stefan
03-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi!

Has any one had this problem code C-DOOA??
I have read The manual and it`s pointing to the HDD.

I`m on the right track or :confused:

Thanks for any answer

tervel12
03-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Have you tried just formatting the hard drive first? You may also want to try replacing the ribbon cable.

Before you do a Physical Format of the hard drive, be sure to back up all of your scan addresses and such as you will lose these.

Good luck!

alexfixes
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Hi!

Thanks for any answer

i tried to look that up but looks it's not correct code. try to get the correct code and send it to me.
thanks

Stirton.M
01-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Hi!

Thanks for any answer

CD00A Hard Disk Error 6 : Hard disk is faulty.

In most cases, such a failure is fatal, or an indicator that the drive is failing. If you reset the machine by opening and closing the main door and the code continuously returns, or cycle the main power of the machine and still get this code, the drive is nfg and needs to be replaced.

You could try formatting the drive as was recommended previously, but I doubt this will resolve the problem. If the failure happened only once in the counter history and is not returning, don't sweat it.

alexfixes
01-08-2010, 01:40 AM
i tried to look that up but looks it's not correct code. try to get the correct code and send it to me.
thanks
hi,
I had CD010 and it is samiliar to error you have. this is what i did and fixed the problem.
first i checked the ribbon cble, then i actually formated the drive and fixed the proble.
1. access servcie mode
2.state confirmation
3.select mem/HDD adj
4.select HD format
5.perform both logical and physical
6.power off/on
good luck

tech3105
01-08-2010, 01:46 AM
We've gone through quite a few HDDs on the predecessor C350 with the same (similar) code. I would say you're on the right track.

alexfixes
01-08-2010, 02:13 AM
We've gone through quite a few HDDs on the predecessor C350 with the same (similar) code. I would say you're on the right track.

I have repleced hard drive anytime with error code C-D010 and most cases CD0 code does refer to HD. I just don't know why these HD keep failing. Is it the NVRAM or the CONTROLL BOARD that's maybe bad design.
thanks

tech3105
01-08-2010, 02:22 AM
I have repleced hard drive anytime with error code C-D010 and most cases CD0 code does refer to HD. I just don't know why these HD keep failing. Is it the NVRAM or the CONTROLL BOARD that's maybe bad design.
thanks

I wondered about heat, too. They're usually pretty toasty when I access them, doesn't seem to be much ventillation...but I guess no more overheated then a pc HDD. You might be right about NVRAM...KM's NEVER had problems with those modules! ;)

alexfixes
01-08-2010, 02:34 AM
I wondered about heat, too. They're usually pretty toasty when I access them, doesn't seem to be much ventillation...but I guess no more overheated then a pc HDD. You might be right about NVRAM...KM's NEVER had problems with those modules! ;)

I usally set the HD to sleep so it still spins but doesn't use as much as power when it's set to normal. This aslo increases the life of the machine and drives. I would think thses copiers are desined to work 24/7.

Stirton.M
01-08-2010, 10:24 AM
thanks

Check the source of your hard drives.

I cannot say if this is true outside of Canada, but most hard drives I have seen in older series machines were CANRAM labeled Toshiba drives. CANRAM appears to be international when I look them up on the web, so these drives might be sold in other market areas too. Toshiba drives are considered pieces of $#!+ drives in many PC hardware enthusiast circles. Unreliable.

In Calgary, we've stopped buying these pieces of $#!+ and been purchasing locally through computer hardware supplier for new drives, usually seagate. We have yet to return to replace any of these drives, and this includes the X3e series fiery's as well. The old drives failed within a year or so, none of the replaced drives have failed.

And if you are not sure, both the C350 and x3e fiery controllers can handle up to 160G drives.

alexfixes
01-08-2010, 05:04 PM

I cannot say if this is true outside of Canada, but most hard drives I have seen in older series machines were CANRAM labeled Toshiba drives. CANRAM appears to be international when I look them up on the web, so these drives might be sold in other market areas too. Toshiba drives are considered pieces of $#!+ drives in many PC hardware enthusiast circles. Unreliable.

In Calgary, we've stopped buying these pieces of $#!+ and been purchasing locally through computer hardware supplier for new drives, usually seagate. We have yet to return to replace any of these drives, and this includes the X3e series fiery's as well. The old drives failed within a year or so, none of the replaced drives have failed.

And if you are not sure, both the C350 and x3e fiery controllers can handle up to 160G drives.

Thank you for the info. The seagaet drives are better than other brand or WD, I personally like WD, but I won't buy in oem package sometimes they are not new and sealed. the place to buy is micro center. sometimes local computer stores not as good as large computer stores like micro center or compusa. I try not buy stuff from fry's. the stuff is not really new and when it's returned they don't have good QC, they put it back on the shelf again.

Stirton.M
01-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Thank you for the info. The seagaet drives are better than other brand or WD, I personally like WD, but I won't buy in oem package sometimes they are not new and sealed. the place to buy is micro center. sometimes local computer stores not as good as large computer stores like micro center or compusa. I try not buy stuff from fry's. the stuff is not really new and when it's returned they don't have good QC, they put it back on the shelf again.

We have none of those stores here in Canada...closest we have is a chain group of stores called Future Shop and a subsidiary called Best Buy.

I call them Future $#!+ and Worst Buy....the former because of the floor guys work on commission and haven't a real clue about what they are talking about, especially computers. The latter because they really do not know computers there in spite of their insistance they do, I've forgotten more about computers than many of them know about them. And generally they are overpriced on everything, with so called sales every other day to bring in the naive.

A local shop that has sprung up a bunch of years ago has now chained itself in three cities, with 3 stores locally....gotta hand it to the business, they do not hire just anyone and they virtually undercut everyone else on ALL PC hardware. Memory Express....Memory Express Computer Products Inc. - Canada's Source for Computers, Laptops, Monitors & more... (http://www.memoryexpress.com/). Keep in mind the prices are Canadian, so you'd likely see lower prices your side...or can do the money convert...there are not many other Canadian resellers who have been able to compete, many have tried and many have died in the effort.

But ya, we buy our memory and hard disks through this source rather than the extreme markup costs we get from KM for the same items. We could buy 5 hard drives for the price KM Japan charges us for one.

tech3105
01-09-2010, 01:02 AM

Yes, we've dealt with CRAMRAM Toshiba junk, too. The Konica 7022 and friends had a CRAMRAM CF Card w/PCI adapter to replace the failing PCI HDD in the print controller...they failed equally fast. We yanked the CRAMRAMs from our C350/450s and used WDs.

Custom Search