PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C253 Hour Glass

Custom Search

bweatherford
03-19-2009, 06:02 PM
After getting a MFP board CPU fan error, we replaced the MFP board per service manual instructions. Upon power up we only get an hour glass on the screen. Any ideas?

copytechman
03-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Did u flash the machine with the latest firmware after installing the board?
Let us know!
A.

ZeusGT
03-20-2009, 03:48 AM
corrupt NVRAM?

B0265
03-20-2009, 08:31 AM
The hour glass problem may be caused by firmware or NVRAM, but if the original problem was C5370 please check ICP11 on the printer control board.

bweatherford
03-20-2009, 12:32 PM
I have tried to re-flash the machine with the compact flash card but it did not seem to take. Upon power up with the flash card installed, the machine only displays the hour glass.

How do I resolve a corrupted NVRAM? and is that causing the flash not to take?

Thanks for your help

copytechman
03-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Not seen that b4 but u could try the nvram recovery firmware 1st, and if thats ng then replace the nvram module itself, assuming its the nvram and not the mfp board.. does the machine make all the usual powering up sounds (like the engine firing up etc).. also this is gonna sound stupid but u did move the memory and the nvram off of the old board to the new one right? And put the memory back in the correct slots.. it does make a difference! I've had 2 hourglasses... one was nvram related, 1 was mfp board.. i'd take the nvram and try it in another like machine, if it fires up then its not the nvram typically.

Regards!
A.

copytechman
03-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Edit: Also check what user B0265 said as well!
A.

bweatherford
03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Having trouble locating ICP11 on the printer control board...

bweatherford
03-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Not seen that b4 but u could try the nvram recovery firmware 1st, and if thats ng then replace the nvram module itself, assuming its the nvram and not the mfp board.. does the machine make all the usual powering up sounds (like the engine firing up etc).. also this is gonna sound stupid but u did move the memory and the nvram off of the old board to the new one right? And put the memory back in the correct slots.. it does make a difference! I've had 2 hourglasses... one was nvram related, 1 was mfp board.. i'd take the nvram and try it in another like machine, if it fires up then its not the nvram typically.

Regards!
A.

The machine makes all the normal sounds with the CF Card not installed. It then simply displays the hourglass. I did move the memory and NVRAM modules to the new board.

When the CF card is installed and the machine powers up I don't get all the normal power up sounds.

I will try the NVRAM recovery...

Thanks for all the help!

DCPS
04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi

Did you have any success with your problem?

bweatherford
04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi

Did you have any success with your problem?

Not really... It would not re-flash so I am waiting for a new NVRAM to arrive.

excanonguy
10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Did the NVRam fix the problem?

Custom Search