PDA

View Full Version : Xerox 5328 From Hell

Custom Search

Machinercylr
12-01-2006, 08:44 AM
This monster is taking me for a ride. Started with a Sandwiched Web cleaning belt between the Upper and lower rollers. These were replaced. It seemd to work okay,once post tested. Then developing a "wrinkle" "v" on left side. Readjusted the Roller until it was almost gone. Post tested again,Then what was noticed was a little skewing. I removed the top cover and noticed that Web did not move, this was indicated by a build up of excess toner . I advanced it and Reinstalled the top assembly. Ran the next test, and sure enough the cleaning web was devowered again between the rollers again. I do have a little side to side play of the top roller, but I am wondering if the Motor that moves the web could be bad. I do not have a "good" Manual to reference this...Any one out there have any ideas?

Mr Spock
12-01-2006, 11:27 AM
The web motor is know for going bad. If you hit the motor with a screwdriver handle it will sometime get the motor to work until you can order another. After installing new web run 10 start 2 start and make sure the web motor turns in the correct direction.

Bob L
12-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Did you do adj. 10.2 Web count reset after you instaled the new web ????
More than anything this is your problem
BOB L 604-590-2902 boblal@telus.net

Custom Search