PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Di1611 Scanning to Computer

Custom Search

Tosh McCaber
03-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi, I own a Konica Minolta Di1611 photocopier, which I have just hooked up to my computer with a USB connection. Having installed the software disk for copying/scanning which came with the photocopier, I have no problems printing. However, my scanning programmes do not pick up the photocopier.

On talking to the firm from where I bought the photocopier, they tell me that it needs a scanning card- cost - minimum of £600+, which is not viable for my one man business, since I can scan from my present A4 flatbed scanner. However it would be nice to have the facility to scan on A3.

On looking at the manual that came with the photocopier, there is no mention of an optional scanning facility- it gives the impression that scanning is a standard feature. On there original brochure, Konica do mention an optional network scanning card.

Is my seller correct? Am I being optimistic to think that the photocopier will scan as part of the standard package?

Look forward to hearing from anyone who knows, who can confirm one way or another.

ni311
03-21-2009, 04:07 PM
The standard scanning for DI 1611 is twain scan and comes with the machine. There is an option to scan via network that requires a network card also.
Usually the twain scan driver it is installed automatically when you're installing the printer driver. To check if the twain driver is installed, go to Device Manager -> Imaging Devices, you should see the driver.

If it is DI1611, you can scan A3 also.

Tosh McCaber
03-21-2009, 11:29 PM
ni311,

Thanks for that. Yes, a twain driver is definitely there in Device Manager -> Imaging Devices. In the software Kit manual, the procedure to scan is to go with the pc scanning programme, click "file", select "device", choose "Konica...", then click "acquire image/ scan".However, When I get to "scan", I get a notification- "Unable to initialise scanner. Check scanner connection and scanner software"

In the main User Manual for the machine, on reading about the control panel on page 2-18, there are 3 keys- Copy (which is normally green on my machine), Fax (not available on my machine) and Scan.

The notes to the Scan button read:

" Press to enter Scan mode. The indicator lights up in green to indicate that the machine is in Scan mode. Available only when Network Interface Card NC-6 and the Internet Fax & Network Scan Kit SU-6 are installed).

On my machine, the green light fails to come on when I press the Scan button.

Is it necessary to be in Scan mode on the machine in order to scan? I so , I guess that's the end of the line!

ni311
03-22-2009, 07:41 AM
The Scan key it is used ONLY when you have installed the NC-6 and SU-6. When doing twain scanning, you don't need that button, all you do is from PC.
Regarding your issu, try a different application to scan. Also, you might try a different driver. The scan option is there for sure, but you have some issues with your computer, this is all.

Tosh McCaber
03-22-2009, 11:29 AM
ni311-thanks for your inside knowledge. I'm most grateful. Now... to find the solution. I'll try to enlist the services of Gordon the Geek, my nephew, and computer guru!!

Tosh McCaber
03-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Success!- Thanks, ni311-I've found that I can use both Photoshop, and InfanView, by selecting "Import", to scan from the photocopier.

Custom Search