PDA

View Full Version : Konica /Minolota B/W 250 Reset OPC Drum

Custom Search

jimmmyp
03-23-2009, 10:56 PM
I need to reset the drum/developer count in a Konica /Minolta 250 B?W machine,,,,,,Please help....Thanks

brent
03-24-2009, 01:59 AM
I need to reset the drum/developer count in a Konica /Minolta 250 B?W machine,,,,,,Please help....Thanks
first off. don't reset the drum developer count without replacing the drum unit and correct developer. unlike the konica minolta di3510 series. konica minolta cought us and you can't just reset back to zero. I was at an account and thought I was being cool and just reset them. within 45 copies the machine was down for the count.. there are other people on this board that may have a trick for this. but if you are not a technician or if you do not have the parts in your hand for this rebuild don't do it. you will be sorry...
on the flip side. if you are a dealer or can get parts from kmbs. you are only looking at right at 100 dollars to fix this condition..

brent

fixthecopier
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Two things....
The message will not shut you down, unless the soft switch has been changed..
A tech can change the soft switch setting so that the message will go away and never show up again without changing anything.

If you are a tech, the magic number is hex 418, bit 3.

brent
03-24-2009, 03:00 PM
hey fixthe copier.. I wonder why minolta would have made that switch available? they change toner and drums on virtually everything to sell more parts. that is interesting. I am going to check on it today.
also another question. so if this switch is set to never ask for a pc drum. then does the consumables count on drum and developer just raise? certainly you would never want to reset them or it would cause a problem for sure. I can see how this could be a good thing and a bad thing. good think on the cost per copy machines. replace the drum and developer as needed. I have got 2 and a half times more yield out of a 3510 drum and dv/ but on the customers that pay for each service call and parts that would not be a good thing. decrease of revenue. this is interesting indeed

brent

fixthecopier
03-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I am not sure why it is accessible but it works. Once you turn it off you will go back to getting double life out of your drums. It must be adjusting the correct count cause the cop quality stays good til it runs out of developer, or the blade fails.

eg101
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Two things....
The message will not shut you down, unless the soft switch has been changed..
A tech can change the soft switch setting so that the message will go away and never show up again without changing anything.

If you are a tech, the magic number is hex 418, bit 3.

Does it work with Di251's and 351's too?

fixthecopier
03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
No way, you must blow a fuse to reset them and it is best to put a new drum and developer in if you are going to reset the count.

Kmdurrin
03-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Does it work with Di251's and 351's too?

No... but there are rebuild kits available for these models that work very well (and are much cheaper than buying a new drum unit)

moonwalker3778
03-26-2009, 07:53 AM
If it is KM bizhub 250 or 350,Goto service mode STOP 00 and STOP 01,touch check details basic service screen will appear at this time press STOP 9,conter setting will come,selet copy kit,There ll be 2 options touch current setting and press C button it ll become 0 then exit.

Dont forget to clear special parts counter in tech rep mode,before installing the new drum unit.

redime
04-03-2009, 12:56 PM
You never want to reset the drum/dv life if you are not going to replace the units.

Go into Tech Rep mode, then Software Switches.

Then type in 418

You will get a Binary option, and then below that is a HEX value - change the HEX value to 50, save, exit, power the machine off and back on again.

The drum units typically will run 50-100% extra life.

Custom Search