PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI251F

Custom Search

sjkted
03-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Hello All:

I have just inherited the support for a Minolta DI251F printer. The printer was just moved from an office where it worked perfectly to a new office with new TCP/IP settings. Right now, we are able to make copies but not print to the printer. I can access the printer via the web interface, but do not have the admin user and password. The printer does not respond via telnet.

I have the instructions to do a factory reset by the jumper cable and unplugging the network cable. Is this the best next option? Please let me know anything else I can do to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Deryck

TheOwl
03-25-2009, 02:31 AM
The Pi3502 does not have a Telnet interface. To change the settings for this device, you can use the Web Interface.

The default password for the Web Interface is 'sysadm'.

The default RAW Port number on this device is '10001' and the deafult LPR Queue name is 'PORT1' and is case sensitive.

Give that a try and let us know how you went. If all else fails, then using the jumper settings on the NIC will reset the IP Address, Subnet, Gateway, Port numbers and so forth. If my memory serves me right, it won't reset the admin password as this is kept on the print controller and not the NIC. I may be wrong and thinking of another model.

time2fly
03-25-2009, 04:29 AM
I have used "print" as a queue name also

sjkted
03-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the reply. When I have the printer set up, I had been using the default of RAW Port 9100. I will try your suggestions and let you know if that works. If I can get it to print, I will forget about the admin password.

If you are correct and the admin password is just for the NIC, how would I recover or reset the password or reset the system to factory default if I don't know what it is?

Thanks,

Deryck

TheOwl
03-25-2009, 06:01 AM
If I can remember (has been 3 years since I last worked on one / had one left in the field) the firmware holds the Web Interface within, thus the Admin Password for the Web Interface. Reloading the firmware should set the Admin Password back to default.

Can anyone else confirm this? Like I said, it has been a long time since I have had to swear at one. lol

sjkted
03-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Is there a documentation reference you can point me to that shows how to reload the firmware?

Thanks,

Deryck

TheOwl
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Only the service manual for the Pi3502, which unfortunately for you, I don't give out.

Someone else maybe be able to point you in the right direction on that though.

sjkted
03-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Only the service manual for the Pi3502, which unfortunately for you, I don't give out.

Someone else maybe be able to point you in the right direction on that though.

I have the manual in PDF form. I did a search on firmware and found directions on resetting the firmware, but all of the details are for the web interface, which I don't have access to.

So, does that mean that resetting the jumper, pulling the NIC, and restarting will reload the factory default settings for the entire printer/copier and not just the NIC?

Btw, I'm port scanning the IP Address for all open ports 1-65,535. It's taking a long time! I will post the reslts when I have them.

TheOwl
03-25-2009, 11:59 PM
The NIC and Pi3502 are separate from the copier. Therefore, making changes, factory resets on the NIC / Pi3502 will only effect those units.

You can send the firmware through the parrallel port on the device.

copy /b filename.ext lpt1

Use that command from your DOS prompt to send the firmware through to the Pi3502.

sjkted
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I did a port scan and only found port 25 and port 80 open... I'm doing the factory reset today and will update on the progress.

sjkted
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Do you know if the firmware is available online or is this something I should be looking for on our original CDs?

Thanks,

Deryck

The NIC and Pi3502 are separate from the copier. Therefore, making changes, factory resets on the NIC / Pi3502 will only effect those units.

You can send the firmware through the parrallel port on the device.

copy /b filename.ext lpt1

Use that command from your DOS prompt to send the firmware through to the Pi3502.

TheOwl
04-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Just have a look on the NIC config sheet (print by pressing 'Utility' then 'Test Print') and the number at the bottom 'Base Port Number' is the RAW port number that you need to use.

Sounds like the port scan didn't find alot of ports that are open on these devices.

21 - FTP
25 - SMTP
515 - LPR print port
10001 - RAW print port
And so on.

As for the firmware, I'm not sure where you would get that other than from Konica Minolta's technical site. That site is locked down and only accessable for Konica Minolta authourised dealers.

mjunkaged
08-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Okay, so when this was new, the driver came with port 9100. Now it's 10001 due to HP not liking Minolta sharing the port for free from what my tech. support told me.
No need to do firmware or even use the web interface for setting up an IP.
Press Utility---admin----password is usually 8 zeroes or blank on the machine. Once you're 'in, lower right says 'network setting' but ONLY if the unit is plugged into the copier properly and functioning. Tab 1 is where you set the IP, Subnet, and Gateway manually. Also 4 other tabs for email, proxy, scan to ftp (if loaded in the P.controller) etc.
NOTE: when you change the IP/SM/GW, press 'enter' and 'exit' on the touch screen until you're back out of that mode. OTHERWISE, you will not have saved your settings!! IF you did it right, the machine usually instructs you to cycle power for new settings to take effect, but not always (i.e, if only changing the last octet of ip it won't).
Default for web interface is indeed sysadm and yes it's case sensitive. make sure your caplocks are off!
When you first install the driver, you need to go to the 'ports' tab, and change the port number to 10001 if that is indeed what is indicated in the lower 1/3rd of the config page that prints out after about 10 min. of power up.
That's if you're going to use raw printing, as explained earlier.
If you want to use lpr printing, the port # is indeed 515, but you ALSO need to check the box that says 'lpr byte counting enabled'.
I almost always check the 'public' option on the bottom of that screen as well.
Some things everyone should know:
You can NOT ping or print to this device until AFTER that config page that we're all babbling about comes out. If it NEVER comes out, it could be that the interface cable between the print controller has come loose at either end. Or in rare cases someone set the machine to never print it.
You can tell by the presence of a 'network setting' choice under the utility-admin described above. If it's not there your print controller is not connected to the copier properly.
Also, WARNING: NEVER plug a crossover cable into the nic, especially with the power on , but I would just not do it. I once had an IT tech. blow out the nic by simply doing that. Best practice is to only connect/disconnect normal cables through a switch or router with power off.

Custom Search