PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 and scanning

Custom Search

kboyd001
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
How do I setup the bizhub 350 to do smb scanning? I have setup a bizhub 500, but apparently they are not setup the same way.

Thanks,

TheOwl
03-25-2009, 10:47 PM
They can be setup in the same way as far as using the Web Interface to enter in your details, but the Bizhub 350 is not capable of using Active Directory to gain it's credentials.

This is because the 350 doesn't have the ability to login using NTLM v2.

Otherwise, just create a local user name and password on the PC / Server you want to scan to and a file share with permissions for the copier's username having rights to write files.

Then just put the destination in the copier via the Web Interface and away you go. If you get any errors, check the log carefully as this will give you clues on why the scan failed.

kboyd001
03-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I am having issues using the web interface... I can ping the ip address, but when I try to use the web interface I get HTTP 400 Bad Request... any ideas?

TheOwl
03-26-2009, 10:43 PM
If you have Firefox installed, try using that to view the web interface. If Firefox works and IE doesn't, then you know that the machine will need a firmware upgrade.

If I am right, then the machine is having trouble sending back requests because .NetFramework 3.0 or later is intalled. .Net doesn't effect Firefox, so that is a good test to start with.

kboyd001
03-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Thank You so much!!!! I was able to get to it via Firefox

kingarthur
03-27-2009, 05:24 PM
upgrading the firmware makes no difference, we have a m/c with the same problem but with the latest firmware. The only solution to this is using Firefox. Please make sure that you don't upgrade to dotnet 3.0 unless it is absolutely necessary, double check it will not affect any of your existing applications or hardware.

The Bizhub 250/350 was released in 2005 prior to dotnet 3.0.

Custom Search