PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 420, Mac and Account Track

Custom Search

dogsbody
03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Guys,
My experience with the Mac is pretty much nothing so I am putting it out there. Was at a customer who could not print, got there and PC's were fine but the new Mac wouldn't put out a page. User Authentication is set on at the machine and they don't want to use Print Without Authentication, but they do want to print with the Mac. I couldn't find anywhere to put a name/password in the print driver and the driver they installed seemed to be correct, I was able to set the LCT and finisher.
If any one knows if it is possible (or not) to use account tracking with a Mac I would appreciate knowing.

Cheers.

pepper38_cnd
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM
If you do not have all the options the driver is being pulled from the wrong spot. It must be in the Library with all the other printers. When you run the installer it creates a KonicaMinolta folder and installs the printer from there if they have the printer pointed at that folder for the driver you will not have all functionality. It must be found in the folder will all the other printers.

dogsbody
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks for that, i will see what i can do. Apple machines are a whole new world for me.
Cheers.

Custom Search