PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C253 colr printing problem

Custom Search

Graham H
03-27-2009, 05:55 PM
We have a Konica Minolta C253 which is networked and used as a printer as well as photocopier. The problem is when printing multiple pages from Excel. The printer will print the first sheet in color then all the rest in greyscale. I do not want to elaborate on this as it may be a fairly basic problem and giving more detail might just complicate the situation. If anyone knows of a glaringly obvious change that we should have made to the settings then I would really value any guidance. I can of course give more information if needed.

Graham

aJ219XeS
03-27-2009, 09:49 PM
greets!, clever http://sourceradix.com/m/f277.html

pepper38_cnd
03-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Are you wanting it in color or BW? If you have previously set it up to print this way in page set up and then printed it the printer settings are saved with the document. If you want it to be all color or all BW . Open your document go thru the process of printing file print set you printing preferences but don't print. Close the document and when it asks if you want to save your changes say yes. Note page setup will always take preference over print driver settings.

Graham H
03-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks for reply but therein hangs the problem. The excel workbook had multiple sheets. There is a piece of code which runs through these sheets and if it has a value it prints it. Thus we could have one sheet or 100plus. I have run the print set up and set it to color, It then prints the first sheet in colour then everything else in black and white. I want color for all. Note the this is a new printer we have and the old colour printers did this no problem with the same excel workbook so we are at a bit of a loss.

Graham

pepper38_cnd
03-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Here are the instructions with screen shots I hope this helps.http://www.geocities.com/pepper38_cnd/PagesetupforExcelallpagescolor.doc

Graham H
03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Many thanks for taking the time to create that screen dump. I had never spotted the "entire workbook" radio button before and had always left it as the default. I won't be able to try it until Monay but I am sure you have hit the nail on the head. You help is much appreciated.

Graham

Graham H
03-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Sorry to come back but when you do the print setup then set the button to entire workbook and say ok, yes it will print the entire workbook in color, but that is not the intention. There is no way to set that preference for the entire workbook before printing the whole thing. I only want sections of the workbook printed out which are selected by a piece of code then sent to the printer. We have used color netwrok printers before and when we ran through the set up procedure as per your screendump we reached the stage where the printer was selected then color or grey scale selected then OK, then on the print window we clicked cancel. The code for print procedures were then run and the pages all printed out in color. When we do the same with this printer, we only get the first page in color. As I said if we go through your procedure we finish up printing the whole workbook. (which I have just done foolishly, all 144 pages!!:) ) Apologies if I have not explained this very well.

Graham

Graham H
03-28-2009, 10:18 PM
.....or I could just set the printer preferences to colour through the control panel! Sorry to be such a plonker!

bsm2
03-31-2009, 02:38 AM
try installing the PCL driver

Custom Search